saying 'yuk' to curry is racist: political correctness in the uk

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Nah. "Never attribute to malice that which could be adequately explained by incompetence."

Ahh, right. I was wondering if it was named ironically in honour of the Daily Heil's Michael Hanlon. I only know of the guy because of a centre-page spread by him about the LHC that someone put up on the wall in our little coffee room down the corridor. (The heading: "WILL THIS HUGE MACHINE REVEAL THE ORIGINS OF LIFE?" Short answer: no.)

Ha, I was sort of thinking of that sketch when I wrote that post. :) Also, it had never occurred to me how much Terry Jones looks like Gordon Brown. Or possibly vice-versa.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's political correctness gone mad.

I can't believe where this country is headed.. the bbc pretends it's not true but Iraq is selling Britain to the French because they are barely human. Time to act: bring back flogging and the death penalty i say. never did me any harm.

My country is being betrayed, Revoluotionsville

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
The further stirring up of anti-Muslim sentiment is the worrying part here, and to be honest they are handed the opportunities on a plate with stuff like this

The other part, the first story, is just pro-Cameron under the guise of being New Labour PC-brigade bashing. Again, not at all hard to do.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What about the gay rights group that says cracking down on sex in parks and beauty spots is 'discriminatory' because it's mainly bottom-botherers that do it? :rolleyes: Can't find a link but it was in the papers today.

STN

sou'wester
yes they've replaced Christmas trees with models of skyscrapers with planes sticking out the top. It's political correctness gone mad.

To counter this fascist left Euro-madness I'm going to have a little Richard Littlejohn-fairy on top of my tree this year.

john eden

male pale and stale
What about the gay rights group that says cracking down on sex in parks and beauty spots is 'discriminatory' because it's mainly bottom-botherers that do it? :rolleyes: Can't find a link but it was in the papers today.

It's something which pops up from time to time (yes yes, bring on the double entendres)

Tatchell kind of sums it up here, in respect of cottaging:

http://www.petertatchell.net/criminalisation of gays/publictoilets.htm

I'm not particularly enraged by this aspect of the infringement of civil liberties, it has to be said. :slanted:

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I can't believe where this country is headed.. the bbc pretends it's not true but Iraq is selling Britain to the French because they are barely human. Time to act: bring back flogging and the death penalty i say. never did me any harm.

My country is being betrayed, Revoluotionsville"
I love the way that no-one seems to notice that more and more of your posts are coming direct from the Twat-o-Tron - I reckon that you should use it exclusively from now on.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I love the way that no-one seems to notice that more and more of your posts are coming direct from the Twat-o-Tron - I reckon that you should use it exclusively from now on.

You couldn't make it up!!

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
(yes yes, bring on the double entendres)

It gets better! The first line from the article you linked:

Peter Tatchell said:
The Labour government is accused of "backdoor homophobia" over its decision to axe legislation to decriminalise sex in public toilets and sex clubs.

Is there any other kind? :D

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That's because it's impossible to tell. ;)

Haha, oof! :)

I think a gek-o-tron would be very entertaining to write. See if you can guess which of these is a real gek-opel post, and which I've just made up:

I can't believe it's not gek-opel said:
All these things lock into the emerging paradox of continual ephemeral entertainment flow crossed with permanently accessible archives, dispersed via networks. Its the mechanics of pure post-modernism perhaps, a time out of time, the breaking down of the single central canonical narrative into a thread of multifarious interwoven paths, incredibly self-aware of its (Cultures I mean) importance, and yet paradoxically in that very self-awareness doomed to irrelevance perhaps? Endlessly historicised to the point where nothing surprising can happen at all...

I can't believe it's not gek-opel said:
But the essence of the argument remains unchanged: that, by the chamaeleonic and ever-mutating nature of the meta-culture of late Capital, the truly subversive Act remains for ever out of reach of the would-be Actor...all that remains is a hollow going-through-of-motions, an almost cargo-cultish vestige of a once-meaningful process. It is this Protean aspect of post-modern consumer society that makes it so pernicious, so ontologically cancerous as to make all other dialectical modes seem barren by contrast, just as natural food flavours seem grey and washed-out (ironically, paradoxically 'unreal') to the MSG-saturated tastebud...

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The guy^^ in the brown jacket and flat cap must be the most unfashionable homosexual in history.

Client Eastwood

nice one mr tea

i saw some graffiti where someone had written 'pakis out' and over the top someone had written 'i love curry'. what would england be like without curry i ask . . .

IdleRich

IdleRich
"i saw some graffiti where someone had written 'pakis out' and over the top someone had written 'i love curry'. what would england be like without curry i ask . . ."
But aren't most curry houses from Bangladesh? A country with whose immigrants the original writer obviously has no problem.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
But aren't most curry houses from Bangladesh? A country with whose immigrants the original writer obviously has no problem.

'Bangladeshi' is much harder to shorten to a nice succint bisyllabic term of abuse, though.

TRU_G

IMO racism breeds in the home

Children can be taught that everybody is equal and to be politically correct, but then they go home to find their fathers (probably reading this very article if I am honest) moaning about 'pakis' and whose example are they going to follow