Inflation/Hyperinflation

IdleRich

IdleRich
how is the inflation where you guys live? i don't understand why people are not rioting?
Are you rioting? If not then the reason that you're not is probably the explanation.

I'm not trying to be facetious here, I don't really know how to... do a riot. If there is a riot going on then I feel as though I can easily enough join into it and wave my pitchfork around, but if there isn't then I wouldn't know how to light the touchpaper.

You'd maybe think that pictures of that fucking clown Johnson giving everyone the thumbs up from the beach might enrage people to the point where they snap. Why was he so desperate to cling on to his job, and even when he agreed to go why did he demand to still be PM while they were choosing his successor? I thought that he might use that time to do something, but now it seriously looks as though he demanded to remain PM so he could deliberately go to the beach and do fuck all on taxpayers money and while holding the highest position in the country, just to piss everyone of. It sounds crazy but I honestly think it's his - typically childish and spiteful - revenge on the country that he sees as having rejected him, even though it was obviously his MPs who did that and there are loads of (presumably insane) Bozza loyalists out there who are actually suffering a lot more in the current circumstances than, for eg, Michael Gove.

william_kent

UK Inflation set to hit 18.6% next year according to Citi

^ article in the FT which I can't read due to being paywalled, but apparently this free to read article contains the same doom & gloom predictions:

Citi projects UK inflation to breach 18% in January as energy prices skyrocket

edit: purely anecdotal, but I seem to be paying at least twice and maybe up to three times as much for electricity than I was this time last year.. I can afford it at the moment, but if I was unemployed then I imagine that I would be spending a lot of time sat in the dark - the articles above suggest that UK household energy bills could rise to £6000 a year...

Last edited: