Classical samples in hardcore (+ others)

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Hyper-On Experience - Assention (to the Ninth Level)

though I can't place what the sample was :slanted:
maybe a bit of Beethoven's Ninth?

blissblogger

there is a DJ SS megatune from circa 95 -- name escapes me -- that uses this piano etude by Beethoven called 'Fur Elise'

that's the beethoven, not the SS tune by the way -- perhaps it'll jog someone's memory though

and a quite similar in vibe classical piano piece kicks off Ray keith/renegade's "Terrorist"

although it's quite inane really so might be a piano exercise a la chopsticks

blissblogger

ah here's the SS tune -- the Lighter

hmmm it sounds close to Fur Elise but not quite the same -- perhaps just very badly played?!?!

The Mover, possibly in homage to this very tune, took a break from gabba and did a classical-sampling jungle tune actually under the name Beethoven

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
and a quite similar in vibe classical piano piece kicks off Ray keith/renegade's "Terrorist"

although it's quite inane really so might be a piano exercise a la chopsticks
Yeah, I'd always assumed that was just a random bit of M1ery that he'd come up with himself.

It's all about that little bouncing noise in that tune, though.

muser

Venetian Snares's album Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett is a prime example of utilizing classical pieces in hardcore, specifically his sampling of Gloomy Sunday mixing the billie holiday version and original Rezső Seress Hungarian composition performed by kronos quartet.

Theres also some dubstep track i rememebr liking that sampled some opera, carmen maybe? Cant remember right now who it was but it worked really well.

EOSS Wacko Macko Is Backo (DJ C's Babylon A Fall Mix) has a loose sort of classical sampling behind it, he may have jsut used a sampler with a string arrangement patch though so i dont know if that counts.