rivet90210

I remember when Panacea made the shift from noisecore/power electronics. The day he was accepted as a D+B artist was the day I realised all hope was lost for the genre...

Must say that I totally sympathise with this. But on the other hand some of those early chrome releases are real interesting:slanted:

zhao: sure thing.

wascal

Wild Horses
R-150-454913-1171916793.jpeg

http://www.discogs.com/release/454913

From Discogs:

Notes: Has the additional title on the back cover "Turntable Guerrillas In The Mix".
The CD cover has at least 20 major errors. Many artists and track titles are incorrectly listed.
For example, "Cool Hand Flex" appears as "Cool & Flex". "D.R.S." appears as "D.R.F." etc.

:D

D

droid

Must say that I totally sympathise with this. But on the other hand some of those early chrome releases are real interesting:slanted:

Yeah - Im not a fan of his stuff, but I can see the attraction. I think his entry into D+B coincided with the angry 2 step sound starting to dominate, leading to some of the atrocities perpetrated by Twisted Individual and Dylan in recent years and the whole metal/D+B crossover phenomenon.

rivet90210

Yeah - Im not a fan of his stuff, but I can see the attraction. I think his entry into D+B coincided with the angry 2 step sound starting to dominate, leading to some of the atrocities perpetrated by Twisted Individual and Dylan in recent years and the whole metal/D+B crossover phenomenon.

Exactly. I mean, I drawn the line in regards to that stuff about here anyway....
Dylan especially is on some glam metal thing -and I'm not even talking about the sleeve art of the guilty labels!

To sway the conversation back to Jungle.... I cannot say enough about how hypnotising these 4 hero releases are, as well as the remix 12's of each.
http://www.discogs.com/release/1194
http://www.discogs.com/release/1629

All 4 of these records reference each other in the remixes and so forth, so you get lost in the palette that each track brings. And the techno tracks are fantastic.

Alfons

Way of the future
From Discogs:

Notes: Has the additional title on the back cover "Turntable Guerrillas In The Mix".
The CD cover has at least 20 major errors. Many artists and track titles are incorrectly listed.
For example, "Cool Hand Flex" appears as "Cool & Flex". "D.R.S." appears as "D.R.F." etc.

:D

Reminds me of that flyer where MC Fatman D was listed as Fat Mandy :D

D

droid

mms

sometimes
Oh!! I have those! Hmm, they seem to be rather cheap on Discogs.

It's a shame, but I look upon my remaining records with $$ in my eyes, which proves that my soul is crumbling like old brickwork.

really?
records are worth so little nowdays that i just have em cos i want and like them

gremino

Moster Sirphine
96 techstep

Doest anyone have any 96 techstep live recordings (rave/radio) to share? Any place to get them?

Alfons

Way of the future
Doest anyone have any 96 techstep live recordings (rave/radio) to share? Any place to get them?

this is a set that got quite a few Icelanders on board for techstep & dnb in general:

Ed Rush @ Above The Clouds
Radio X 97.7 in Reykjavik early 97 I think:
http://mp3.breakbeat.is/breakbeat/mix/ed_rush_i_sko.mp3

Stebbi Stef
01. unknown

Ed Rush
02. John B - Sights Beyond [Formation]
03. Dillinja (I think) - ????
04. Unknown Dillinja remix wich he aparantly dumped
05. Nico & Makai - Omen [Nu Black]
06. Genotype - Extra Terestrial [Renegade Hardware]
07. Boymerang - Still [Prototype]
08. Ed Rush & Nico - Proton [No U Turn]
09. Dillinja - Acid Track [Pain]
10. Dillinja - Friday [Hardleaders]
11. Ed Rush & Fierce - Locust [Prototype]
12. Source Direct - Black Rose [Source Direct]

Reynir
13. Skycutter - Independence Day [Volume]
14. Technical Itch - Rough + Tough [Moving Shadow]
15. Current Affairs - Cutting Edge (Remix) [Moving Shadow]
16. unknown

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KENNY KEN QUEST WILD FRONTIER 1994.

Tape 4 - Kenny Ken 1/5

Side 1

Full Mp3 : http://www.mediafire.com/?lynizajzgyq

??? (UNKNOWN)
Flatliner - No Boundaries [Ram]
The House Crew - Super Hero (My Knight) [Production House]
Shimon - Predator [Ram]
The Rood Project - Thunder (Original Mix) [Whitehouse]
Hyper On Experience - Lords Of The Null Lines (Foul Play featuring DJ Randall remix)
DJ Cuckoo - Jack's Prophecy [Unreleased]
M Beat - Incredible [Renk]

Side 2

M Beat - Incredible [Renk]
Rob Andrews - Blue Lines (The Highlander remix) [Fokus Studio]
Dead Dred - Dred Bass
Jeep Head - Jungle Breeze [Section 12]
Gappa G & Hyper Hypa - Roach Is Burning [Ruff Kut]
Northern Connexion - Think [Back 2 Basics]
Liftin' Spirits - Volume 2A [Liftin' Spirit]
DJ Rap - Total Tangent [Proper Talent]

FairiesWearBoots

Does anyone have any Blue note era sets from Digital?

There are plenty of blue note sets available and I've got quite a few but I cant find any digital?

I remember watching him play a set at the Hanover Grand and he had quite a few heads scratching (inc mine) as his set was SO dubby but also full of angular, techy funk (if that makes any sense), it almost stopped the dance (in a good way)

I would LOVE to hear some of his sets from that era - any help would be greatly appreciated

d.i.t.c last night and played his Far Out remix on Razors Edge

luka

blue note was so shit..... but was it the start of the shoreditch invasion? along with a couple other venues.

FairiesWearBoots

Yeah, I know what you mean, it wasnt the best club but I guess was an introduction for a lot of people, it was a weird set-up - I think people liked the fact you were so close to the booth that people felt connected to the music

I liked the Hanover Grand, it seemed so posh for the music but in a good way,

luka

and to be fair i was 16 when i went there for the few times i went there and it was mostly an older crowd, not really a party crowd.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Luka you're gonna love this! Never saw this one at the time, just the doc that was on Channel 4.