Notting Hill Carnival '08

mos dan

fact music
If you don't like crowds , go early on sunday, it's great coz you can wander around with lot's of space and really see all the rigs/parades and not get in a jam.

how early is early? :)

i'm going to rinse vs fwd for paug now.. very excited. gonna be a mentaaarl weekend.

mos dan

fact music
also, 7 year glitch flyer, for saturday night in korsan. free entry, free bbq, gonna be great:

l_713c9ddd36d242f0a96d9eb90fc8591c.gif

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Not sure exactly when I'll be there, keeping half an eye on the weather, basically.

What soundsystems / other stuff are worth checking out? Is it worth trying to find out who's doing what, where and when or just going and wandering round?

straight

wings cru
its the music academy thing you need guestlist for with diplo and the heatwave fellas discussed upthread. i think its closed off in a safe area on acklam rd. dont know if your still be able to get on guestlist but its worth a try, the shout out in the metro today might finish it off.

viktorvaughn

its the music academy thing you need guestlist for with diplo and the heatwave fellas discussed upthread. i think its closed off in a safe area on acklam rd. dont know if your still be able to get on guestlist but its worth a try, the shout out in the metro today might finish it off.

Cool, thanks.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
RIP Jim Random

There is a memorial gig for Jim Random ( Random Sounds) on west bourne park villas ( where the king beat rig is usually )from 1pm sunday on wards , come on down and rave in his memory. The Acme rig have stepped in to provide the sounds.

Anyone who went squat partying a few years back will know who he was.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
Was there for a short time yesterday early, more than one rig seemed to be having tech probs early :p e.g. channel one/CMC but...........Pineapple tribe was like a wave of bass as you walked towards them, they've an ace spot on a junction on Ledbury, gonna be a roadblock today, it was pretty busy for a sunday even.

(More police this year than i can ever remember, About 100+ & security around the Rampage rig, i guess what with all the youth stabbings maybe)

straight

wings cru
B-O-N-K-E-R-S

Probably the maddest day out ive ever had. The streets were completely out of control by 2pm so we retired to the red bull bit to the free booze and grub. Thanks for the heads up about it gabriel, you made me and my mates weekend. Ive had a rather depressing few weeks but it all really reminded me of why i (and so many others) came here. even the hairiness of trying to get home (thankfully before it kicked off) couldnt stop it being the the best rave ive had in recent memory