great old school insults

mos dan

fact music
i was at an afc wimbledon game the other day, and one of the beauties of non league football is you can really hear what the players shout at each other on the pitch, and often the players can really hear what the fans shout at them.

so the weston-super-mare goalie was in front of the home fans (i.e. us) in the first half, and we were taunting him quite a bit as he took his goal kicks etc, trying to put him off (going 'wooooooooooooo! you're! shit! ahhhhhh', the usual). then for one goal kick this 20something guy near me shouts out clear as day, loud enough that the keeper will definitely have heard it:

"oi keeper, your mum used to be your dad!"

everyone in the stand collapses in laughter, proper playground stuff. then when the laughter dies down and the kick is taken, this 20something's mate turns to him and says jovially "'your mum used to be your dad'?? is that the best you can come up with?!", and his defence was "ah give me a break steve, i haven't cussed anyone since year 9!" ...cue more laughter.

as i say, non-league football is ace.

STN

sou'wester
My mate Emma supports Basingstoke, who used to be a notoriously ugly side. During a game one of her brothers shouted 'your mum is Peter Beardsley and your dad is Philip Neville', even the ref laughed.

john eden

male pale and stale
Doylum
Glebe (Highly localised I think, came from the name of the local special school)
"You've dropped your gay card"

and best of all:

PERSON 1:(PERSON 2'S name)
PERSON 2: What?
PERSON 1: Stamps his name on the lightbulbs

Still completely baffling.

Is this a "what" = watts thing?

"what, what, what?"

"only 3 watts? You're not very bright are you?"

[from the goon show]

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Am I the only one for whom the term "gaylord"/"bumlord" conjours up images of a 7ft tall musclebear dressed in leather with a bunch of nubile Indonesian boys on leashes?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Am I the only one for whom the term "gaylord"/"bumlord" conjours up images of a 7ft tall musclebear dressed in leather with a bunch of nubile Indonesian boys on leashes?"
I don't think we ever used bumlord at my school but it's got a certain ring to it and I've just called three people that today so thanks. I'm not sure if that's quite the image I get though, I'm thinking more of a kind of Michael Flatly, Lord of the Gays type vibe.

mesh

Amateur
No East London playground in the early 80s was complete without hearing the following:

Bum chum/bender/gaylord.
Spam 'ead.
Div/flad/spaz/spasmo.
Trampus.
Slapper.
Minge.
Bod.

Ah, the memories!

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Pfffffft..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gaylords_(American_vocal_group)

Edit: how great is this?
The Chicago Gaylords, also known as the Almighty Gaylords, is one of the oldest Chicago street gangs. It originated in the neighborhood of Grand and Noble. The original president of the Gaylords selected the name after reading about the Gaylords of France in the public library. They are a part of the People Nation alliance.

"Don't fuck wid me, punk, I'm an Almighty Gaylord!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Gaylords

Wonder who'd win in a fight between them and the Bummers Gang...

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
Anything to do with "sweaty moshers" or "goffs" was always classic. One boy was quite distraght after being accused of wearing black jeans during the weekend.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Just remembered "bamp", guess it was derived from tramp, but someone defined it as a chinese restaurant owner who has sex with his male customers.