luka

its got an atmosphere. but i do think overly composed shots are better as stills as a rule. can look a bit precious and knowing in a film. look wicked as stills though.

version

This in particular is pure Magritte.

500full.jpg

I thought the opening titles looked sick too. That font with the animal background.

MV5BM2EwZDhjMTctZDk3YS00ZTNmLWFlNDMtZGY3ZjJlOGExNGFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA5Nzc2Mzc@._V1_FMjpg_UX600_.jpg

linebaugh

rifkins festival is a bit like the eurocult film thread: the movie. you could probably forgo watching any of these films and just watch rifkins festival. would be way less boring

version

I thought about making a thread for films inspired by paintings, but I could only think of two and felt it was dead in the water. There's Magritte's influence in The Spider's Stratagem and the Alex Colville shot in Heat.

zhb4urxw7k561.png

A couple of very blatant nods to Magritte's Lovers II and Bocklin's Isle of the Dead in Dellamorte Dellamore last night.

version

The Working Class Goes to Heaven

Watched this the other week and thought it was bonkers. Didn't like it as much as Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion, but the score and the scenes with him at his work station and the bit about his dream and the wall at the end were great.

An incredibly shouty film. Everyone yelling through megaphones and over machinery.

craner

Beast of Burden
Watched this the other week and thought it was bonkers. Didn't like it as much as Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion, but the score and the scenes with him at his work station and the bit about his dream and the wall at the end were great.

An incredibly shouty film. Everyone yelling through megaphones and over machinery.

It's brilliant, but you have to think about it in relation to Anti-Oedipus and the commedia all'italiana tradition, which it somehow combines.

version

It's brilliant, but you have to think about it in relation to Anti-Oedipus and the commedia all'italiana tradition, which it somehow combines.

I don't have much of a handle on Anti-Oedipus and haven't seen any of those films, so you'll have to help me out a bit. The first time I even heard the term was seeing Radiance are doing a box set.

luka

I don't have much of a handle on Anti-Oedipus and haven't seen any of those films, so you'll have to help me out a bit. The first time I even heard the term was seeing Radiance are doing a box set.
stop trying to suck up to him he'll never stop hating you he'll never forgive you

version

There's a shit upload on YouTube I've got bookmarked, but I think Radiance are about to release Goodbye & Amen.