continuum

smugpolice
Yeah, thats a big tune man. I've been hearin that one in some of the battle vids posted by Walacam on youtube

it's been stuck in my head for about three solid days now! it's like it expresses something that's been gnawing away inside me that now I know someone else feels has opened up whole new areas of thought? I just want to go around and sing the chopped up sample at people :D

nomad

rashad - its not right... fuckin killer... check also; rashad - drop out juke, bit more dance-ey but use of samples is utterly fantastic

just wanna say, Friday night in fabric, room 2, as rammed as it could possibly be and juke being played my myself was going off to about a 1000 people... such a nice thing to see, taken a while but its coming round.

however , 'its not right' does seem to confuse a few people , no one knows what to do...even i dont, i just get a 160bpm head nod

continuum

smugpolice
Only just got round to watching the Simon Reynolds hardcore continuum talk today on the FACT website after following another link to it from here. Reynolds talks about how when people first heard Jungle they didn't know what was going on. Definitely the same sort of feeling with these footwork/juke tracks.

stephenk

rashad - its not right... fuckin killer... check also; rashad - drop out juke, bit more dance-ey but use of samples is utterly fantastic

just wanna say, Friday night in fabric, room 2, as rammed as it could possibly be and juke being played my myself was going off to about a 1000 people... such a nice thing to see, taken a while but its coming round.

however , 'its not right' does seem to confuse a few people , no one knows what to do...even i dont, i just get a 160bpm head nod

rashad def. seems like the dude with the most crossover potential, i think he's older and his tracks are a lot cleaner production-wise than some of the kids'
+ i really like "hot n cold water" as well
good to hear crowds are responsive

BareBones

wheezy
it's a few years old now and it's straighter than stuff like "it's not right", but i still have a lot of love for rashad's "in the club before 11 o'clock". such a lovely tune.

ps can someone please id the tune on the headhunter mix that comes in at about 7:30 with the female vocal repeating "right in right into your arms"?

Last edited:

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
I wonder if this could genuinely take off in the UK if it blended with the wobble/chainsaw end of dubstep. Since the focus there is already more on the bass, you could concievably destabilize the percussion and still bring people along into some fucking demented regions.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I've said this a few places recently wrt the recent Zomby stuff, but (in my mind at least) a hypothetical Eski Devil Juke combination is both obvious and completely amazing. The Chainsaw stuff is too cluttered.

Ory

warp drive
^ indeed

me, i've been messing around with my bloody valentine samples + hyperspeed 909 toms and claps.

luka

i dont care about this type of music but im in awe of the dancing. really reminded me of this video which i've watched coutless times.... i can't reccommend it highly enough

nochexxx

harco pronting
i'm still feeling the cunty!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice

can you give any recommendations on where to get tunes from???

staypuft

bwah bwah
search for Juke Trax Online... you'll find them on Juno (w/ option to purchase high quality), Amazon & iTunes (cheaper)