dave quam

yes, I was obviously talking about juke/footwork producers...most people I know started off as dancers. I can't think of anyone who didn't dance at one point of their life.

So yeah, I was not kidding.

soul_pill

yeah that dj elmoe track is, i think about 4 or 5 years old probably. he has recently started producing footwork again,

and dj diamond's "rep yo clique pt.2":

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
yeah i guess you can't go by dates or titles of anything on youtube. it really isn't a footwurk track - got a straight backbeat.. i noticed the tempo is at 150 and juke/footwurk now tends to be at 160. has the tempo risen over the years? that is standard in most genres, e.g. jungle.

dave quam

the tempo of footwork tracks has pretty much always been 160, sometimes it's 155.

Ghetto House was usually 140ish, juke 150, but now even juke is usually 160

dave quam

This was one of the best battles I've ever seen, it was Legends Click (original members of Terra Squad and Wolf Pac + Lite Bulb of Terra Squad) vs whoever wanted to battle. The misc guys sucked compared to Legends, it was kind of absurd. Rashad was DJing too. It sucks because this is the only video online of it as of yet, I dunno where the Walacam one is as he filmed it/put the event on. Quality on this is terrible unfortunately.

Ory

warp drive
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

..what was that about diplo again?

Ory

warp drive
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

gorgeous. love those drum reversals.

Ory

warp drive

so weird.

soul_pill

so weird.

Isn't Fad TMB some SALEM side-project or friends of theirs or something? Just an assumption of mine i guess... but the beats don't really sound authentic in their trax.

(That DJ Ton does sound good, although it sounds like an older track than 2010 to me, it uses the same sample as in 'a+/mayhem' by nate. DJ Ton is still producing footwork tracks in 2010, he done a good one called 'i got that crack 2010' )