IdleRich

IdleRich
I was drunk when I posted that, and I didn't mean to hijack the thread but I was just checking that stuff on youtube and it kind of reminded me of some of the juke dancing - in a way, I mean there is definitely a common lineage somewhere. We should have a different dance-styles thread. My favourite bit is when he spins round about four times on one foot with the other leg lifted over his partner's head - unbelievable.

Client Eastwood

I was drunk when I posted that, and I didn't mean to hijack the thread but I was just checking that stuff on youtube and it kind of reminded me of some of the juke dancing - in a way, I mean there is definitely a common lineage somewhere. We should have a different dance-styles thread. My favourite bit is when he spins round about four times on one foot with the other leg lifted over his partner's head - unbelievable.

Yeah I picked up on this earlier in the thread about the dancing style but forgot to get back to it. I was on about UK Jazz Dancers from the 80's

Brothers In Jazz
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

See also Floor Technicians, I Dance Jazz troups. The spins, the drops, the footwork. Time for a dance 'nuum thread . . .

Client Eastwood

Posted on the R&B thread by Rosebeast. Thought id cross post it here. Haunted Juke

Rosebeast said . . .

"I just posted a mix I asked Salem to make recently. Lots of awesomely creepy juke stuff on there if that kinda thing takes your fancy.

http://sobones.blogspot.com/2009/06/epiphanies.html"

edit : Owwww mine ears!!! Ive just got to 20 min. not sure about that bit.

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
anyone got any more juke mixes? i've totally rinsed that headhunter one and the leatherface one.

also can anyone ID that tune towards the end of the headhunter mix that has the "fuck me in my face, fuck me fuck me in my face" vocal?? excuse my ignorance, i'm still a beginner with all this stuff

DJ Rashad - Fuk Me In My Face (feat. Little Mz 313)

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Love the rhythms on this track - produced by 14 year old producer DJ Crack Boi

DJ CRACK BOI "BEASTIN IN DA CIRCLE"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nomad

Love the rhythms on this track - produced by 14 year old producer DJ Crack Boi

DJ CRACK BOI "BEASTIN IN DA CIRCLE"

Great find! Seriously good riddum.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Great find! Seriously good riddum.

yeah man! serious beats bubbling up from the young ones in the Chicago underground.
btw - feeling your juke mixes as well. I want to hear you play some juke - next time you are here in california.

Last edited:

staypuft

bwah bwah
cheers ginsu,

would kill for a dj spinn mixtape right now, his tracks on the juke traxx online series are bad.

plus going by the 3 tracks rolled out in this video, i think full mix tape would be very good indeed.

woooooow. what's that first track?

thanks dub u for pointing me to this thread. I've been a fan of dj slugo for a bit, and this newer stuff is incredible!

franz

woooooow. what's that first track?

thanks dub u for pointing me to this thread. I've been a fan of dj slugo for a bit, and this newer stuff is incredible!

dunno the track, but it's a cut up of an old tribe called quest song called Footprints (dunno where the lick originates)

pretty badass.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
<P>
Juke Mini Mix by my good self, Direct link below (right click save as)</P>
<P> </P>
<P><A href="http://postbocks.com/audio/download/4846/Bare+Bones+-+Juketrax+Mini+Mix.mp3" target=_blank>Bare Bones - Juke Trax Mini Mix</A></P>
<P> </P>
<P>All Juke Trax as I had trouble getting hold of anything else</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Bare Bones Juke Trax Mini Mix</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Tracklist (I Think) got a bit muddled hence playing one track twice, oh well....</P>
<P> </P>
<P>01 - DJ Remi - Mario's Juke Castle '09</P>
<P>02 - DJ Pillsbury - Twist Em Up</P>
<P>03 - DJ Remi - Retro City</P>
<P>04 - DJ Spinn - Blue Magic</P>
<P>05 - DJ Clent - Uah Oooh</P>
<P>06 - Boylan - Requiem 09</P>
<P>07 - Leatherface - Toy Soldiers</P>
<P>08 - Boylan - No Clue (feat DJ Rashad)</P>
<P>09 - DJ Baddmixx - Get Silly</P>
<P>10 - Leatherface - Beetlejuke</P>
<P>11 - Leatherface - Jigglin</P>