does anyone else think this whole Brand and Ross thing is...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Ah apparently not, though it's vague on the net, his wife is though which is maybe why I just assumed he was. Andrew Sachs is jewish which I didn't know. It's all so complicated.

crackerjack

It's the Conservative massive trying to get rid of the UKs most powerful entertainment liberal jew (Ross) as well as attacking the BBC - which they want to take out of public ownership. It's just the tip of the iceberg over here.

Incidentally, I agree with the rest of this - which is why the left needs to choose its battles carefully.

mistersloane

Incidentally, I agree with the rest of this - which is why the left needs to choose its battles carefully.

Yeah that's been really clear in this, that even fucking comedians for god's sake have to tow the line or they're gonna get hung.

I like the way Brand dealt with it, he must feel sick that he got pawned though. His Guardian column on football was good this week, not commenting on it but talking about beauty and ending with

"No matter how insane things become or how far from the truth we are led by histrionics and lies, the truly, objectively beautiful remains untainted."

Which I thought was sweet.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Yeah that's been really clear in this, that even fucking comedians for god's sake have to tow the line or they're gonna get hung.

I like the way Brand dealt with it, he must feel sick that he got pawned though.

I reckon Brand will likely hook himself up with Sirius or XFM or something like that anyway. I believe Ricky Gervais' radio show is like this. I imagine more people listened to Brand on the podcast than they did live on BBC Radio 2 anyway.

This right here is why I love the internet.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Sachs is definitely an ashkenazi name, and so is Ross usually, at least in the U.S.

Nipplegate was ridiculous, but it was more a case of the FCC speaking for Americans more than it was about Americans really being offended.

Sexism and sexual double standards usually go completely unchallenged and unchecked over here, too.

waffle

Banned
Flattering Palin

How this prankster (a Canadian radio broadcaster posing as French President Sarcozy) was cleared by Sarah Palin's handlers is anyone's guess ...

Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau of the French Sûreté is investigating.

mistersloane

How this prankster (a Canadian radio broadcaster posing as French President Sarcozy) was cleared by Sarah Palin's handlers is anyone's guess ...

Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau of the French Sûreté is investigating.

I didn't understand that either, was it some form of press thing that they're going for? What with McCain on Saturday Night Live, that and Joe The Plumber, it seems like they're going for some weird NLP type press angle.

The Canadian will never be as good a prankster as Becky tho

http://www.johntedwards.com/2006/10/15/little-irish-girl-prank-calls/

nomadthethird

I've heard that the same prank callers who did this one have pulled the same thing on a bunch of politicians, not just Palin. But her credulity throughout most of the call is pretty funny, isn't it?

nomadthethird

LOL at that.

I read some interview with Brand that the HP linked to, and I couldn't help but make the comparison to Nikki Six because both seem to be one of those special opiate addicts with a magic penis... cuz I've never met a junkie who could maintain an erection for more than 10 seconds, let alone one who had any interest in even trying, let alone one with a sex addiction! It's hard enough to pee, ffs.

zhao

there are no accidents
should have talked about the fictional giant reptiles that never walked the earth millions of years ago

crackerjack

They apparently spent four days setting it up too - four days for her people to get it properly vetted.