lukid/actress/werk discs

Rekordah

Did You?
Lukid played very well in Amsterdam, although most people did not like his lack of DJ-skills - his selection was great. Mike Slott absolutely killed the Bimhuis last year, one of my favourite producers of the moment.

Yeah Mike Slott was phenomenal when we had him play in Bristol last year, easily the best moment of my 2008.

Lukid normally plays live right?

Algierstwin

I've enjoyed all the Lukid mixes I've heard. . builds the sets very nicely,

but def more about the selection than the mixing.

check his FACT Magazine mix to see what I mean.

drilla

"I was fifteen. I didn't really understand the concept of playing live, and I'm seeing these guys get up in front of computers, and synths, and I couldn't comprehend it. I remember seeing a documentary on Shy FX around about the time that 'Original Nuttah' was coming out, and they showed the whole process of making the track, and getting Apache Indian in, and touring it round all the back-ends of the UK, like Wolverhampton [where Cunningham is originally from] and stuff. And I'm like 'oh, so there are programs for this'…and I just caught the bug from there."

Just reading the FACT interview with Actress and this came up... can anyone put me onto this documentary he's talking about? I'm super interested in any info about oldschool production techniques, it seems like a history in danger of being lost unless you were there, and since i was about 7 at the time, no dice... there was a pretty good think on photek and source direct that showed some of SD's cubase screen that was sort of what I'm looking for, but the more in depth and complete the better. NO SECRETS, preserve the history.

wise

bare BARE BONES
"I was fifteen. I didn't really understand the concept of playing live, and I'm seeing these guys get up in front of computers, and synths, and I couldn't comprehend it. I remember seeing a documentary on Shy FX around about the time that 'Original Nuttah' was coming out, and they showed the whole process of making the track, and getting Apache Indian in, and touring it round all the back-ends of the UK, like Wolverhampton [where Cunningham is originally from] and stuff. And I'm like 'oh, so there are programs for this'…and I just caught the bug from there."

Just reading the FACT interview with Actress and this came up... can anyone put me onto this documentary he's talking about? I'm super interested in any info about oldschool production techniques, it seems like a history in danger of being lost unless you were there, and since i was about 7 at the time, no dice... there was a pretty good think on photek and source direct that showed some of SD's cubase screen that was sort of what I'm looking for, but the more in depth and complete the better. NO SECRETS, preserve the history.

I remember watching this at the time, don't think it was hugely in depth on production techniques. As I recall t was a documentary about jungle with a bit about Shy FX in it, think it was on the BBC.

tom lea

really enjoyed the article on the fact website tom.

the actress one? thanks man. it was a while in the making but im chuffed with how it came out.

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
yea that is the one, really nice interview, especially his comments about the techno scene in general, talking about May & Saunderson...

What are everyones thoughts on Loop Techno?