sign you are watching a good movie

BareBones

wheezy
I hate to say it as I love evil dead, maniac cop and bubba ho-tep as much as the next guy, but My Name Is Bruce looks really, really, cripplingly bad.

littlebird

Wild Horses
also, witty banter / light hearted argument between 2 expert protagonists, who may be good friends or ex/potential lovers, while engaged in a highly dangerous task such as breaking into above mentioned defence system, the discovery of which would be lethal for both.

or the near miss kiss just at that moment, no matter if it is "good friends or ex/potential lovers". no matter what the danger, even if the world is about to implode, there is that momnt for an almost kiss.

more than "just a kiss" if there is a (five or six sequels required) slasher just about ready to kill them both.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The male and female lead characters, between whom there is an established or latent love interest, have some sort of argument or break-up (temporary, of course), followed by a scene consisting of alternate shots of the two now separated characters in melancholy reflection - sitting alone in a bar they used to go to together, walking along a desolate beach, that sort of thing - with a drippy emotional ballad on the soundtrack. Also works with two straight guys in a buddy-flick context. Potential for a humorous canine/human pastiche.

Also, JCVD sounds like a disease you can catch by shagging tractors.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
these might have been covered, in fact probably, but fresh in my mind after seeing the International:

close up sequence of a high tech sniper rifle being methodically and efficiently assembled by expert hands (of course you don't see the face), to steady and ominous music. bonus points if hard cut to a gathering of some sort where everyone is smiling and trading cordial remarks, happily oblivious to the sinister proceedings going on somewhere else, perhaps close by, perhaps in the very same house, at the same time.

2 white men in wind breakers chasing eachother through a crowded 3rd world market place. bonus points if a donkey cart carrying potatoes or an old woman buying fish gets in the way of one of them, and is hurriedly pushed away with annoyance.

the world would not be at a loss if no one ever saw these again.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
2 white men in wind breakers chasing eachother through a crowded 3rd world market place. bonus points if a donkey cart carrying potatoes or an old woman buying fish gets in the way of one of them, and is hurriedly pushed away with annoyance.

there is actually a rather great market chase scene in Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior...tho I guess it's different cos it's a Thai dude being chased by a bunch of other Thai dudes in Bangkok...

also, along the same lines - any time when during a chase scene 2 guys are moving a huge pane of glass across a busy street for no good reason, the car/person being chased evades the glass & the workmen breath a sigh of relief, only to have the pursuer crash fullon thru the glass...classic...works every time doesn't it...

STN

sou'wester
also, along the same lines - any time when during a chase scene 2 guys are moving a huge pane of glass across a busy street for no good reason, the car/person being chased evades the glass & the workmen breath a sigh of relief, only to have the pursuer crash fullon thru the glass...classic...works every time doesn't it...

I can't count the number of times I've been saved from my pursuers by a slowly-loweing level crossing. Somehow I always beat the train over the tracks and leave them floundering.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
I can't count the number of times I've been saved from my pursuers by a slowly-loweing level crossing. Somehow I always beat the train over the tracks and leave them floundering.

that's funny cos, you know...I can't count the number of times I've been saved by diving onto a subway train just as it's pulling out of the station...narrowly evading my pursuers who always wind up pounding their hands on the glass doors in frustration & glaring at me...

also oftentimes when being chased I find myself in an elevator desperately waiting for the door to close as my pursuers run down a hallway towards me...thankfully that always works out as well & the door shuts just in time...

tyranny

that's funny cos, you know...I can't count the number of times I've been saved by diving onto a subway train just as it's pulling out of the station...narrowly evading my pursuers who always wind up pounding their hands on the glass doors in frustration & glaring at me...

Personally I tend to go one better and jump off the Subway train just as the doors close, leaving my pursuers who just managed to battle their way onto the same train (at the other end of the carriage) pounding their fists against the window as it pulls out of the station while I smirk at them and wander back out to the street...

tyranny

By the way, here's a fun idea - some band of scandinavian open source people are making a sci-fi film called "Iron SKy" based on the premise that the Nazis fled to the Moon after WW2, and are about to return with an Armada of UFO's.

The collaborative writing process allows people to submit ideas for shots / scenes / encounters / narrative etc, and given that a quick browse of the site shows soe dreadful ideas I would humbly suggest that half the post in this thread should be submitted for their consideration...

www.wreckamovie.com

here's the trailer : (not sure how to embed)

The movie's title is a verb ending in "-ing" followed by the name of a person or place.

For example:

Finding Nemo, Finding Forrester, Finding Neverland, Finding Graceland, Desperately Seeking Susan, Searching for Bobby Fischer, Chasing Amy, Looking for Alibrandi, Looking for Mr. Goodbar, Driving Miss Daisy, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, Educating Rita, Educating Peter, Raising Victor Vargas, Raising Cain, Raising Arizona, Bringing Up Baby, Deconstructing Harry, Saving Private Ryan, Saving Grace, Amazing Grace, Hating Alison Ashley, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Waking Ned Devine, Waiting for Guffman, Bowling for Columbine, Kissing Jessica Stein, Kissing a Fool, Dating the Enemy, Sleeping with the Enemy, Becoming Jane, Copying Beethoven, Surviving Picasso, Doing Time for Patsy Cline, Being John Malkovich, The Unbearable Lightness of Being Earnest, Owning Mahowny, Stealing Beauty, Sleeping Beauty, Crossing Delancey, Crossing Arizona, Raising Arizona, Feeling Minnesota, Leaving Las Vegas, Good Mourning Vietnam, Good Will Hunting.

zhao

there are no accidents
hahahahaha you are either insane or did a clever search for "ing" on IMDB :D (pretty sure it's the latter or would not have mentioned the former)

and you do realize it says "tumbling dice" under your name?