Swell Maps

zhao

there are no accidents
I know! Convincing People, Hot on the Heels of Love, Six Six Sixties...

if i remember correctly the first track is total Isolationist Dark Ambient Drone, second track is proto minimal/Underground Resistance... and else where electro-house-disco, grunge, triphop/illbient...

and its not just a record which sounds good on paper... production can of course be better according to today's standards but the music sounds FUCKING great and not dated at all...

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
For TG, I've been listening to various bits and pieces from Second Annual Report, D.o.A and 20 Jazz-Funk Greats. In terms of SAW, would have to say that things like Slug Bait do very little for me.

ah well, never mind about TG24 then ;)

For the Cabs, I just have the Original Sound Of Sheffield 78/82 compilation so far, so yeah, I don't that takes me up much further than Red Mecca. Love the slow, sinister things like The Set Up.

try Mix Up :)

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Well to Zhao and nomad, fair play - I've only heard a few tracks from 20JFG so far, but I do notice a difference from their other early stuff. Will persevere further with it as your praise is fairly glowing. I think my problem with it might have been partially down to the perception of it being a 'joke' record to an extent - but I'm starting to reckon that's more to do with the title, the cover etc rather than the music.

zhao

there are no accidents
the perception of it being a 'joke' record to an extent - but I'm starting to reckon that's more to do with the title, the cover etc rather than the music.

well it is a joke to be sure -- that cover is fucking amazing: all in turtle-necks with a fucking landrover in the background :D :D :D so classic. but the music inside is not to be taken lightly...