I need more classic danchall recommendations please

viktorvaughn

Badmarsh & Shri?

Ah yeah thats' it, thanks. Funny how much dancehall and reggae underpins other stuff, soon after listening to the original track for the first track I listened to a Capelton one where he starts going on about Life has a lot of signs too!

viktorvaughn

Luciano - One Way ticket (94ish). Not heard it in ages but pulled it out over the weekend. Still sounding good.

I'll check that out thanks...

BTW What is Capleton's catchphrase 'Sellasi I..and then something i can't hear properly - live it every time/military time it sounds like?!

Has someone compiled a list of dancehall djs catchphrases and signatures? Woofah should do it! Badman something or others.

D

droid

I'll check that out thanks...

BTW What is Capleton's catchphrase 'Sellasi I..and then something i can't hear properly - live it every time/military time it sounds like?!

Blaze it up? More fire? Do you have a specific vid or tune in mind?

viktorvaughn

Blaze it up? More fire? Do you have a specific vid or tune in mind?

It's on pretty much every tune on Prophecy album, especially at the beginning kind of introducing himself, i'll find a specific one on youtube tonight. It's definitely 5 syllables, the last of which i'm fairly sure is time.

Last edited:
D

droid

^Broken link - but reading your message again makes it clearer - I thought you were referring to a newer LP.

From the intro to Chalice - its:

Sell-as-e-i liveth every time (emmanuele liveth every time, mar-cus gar-vey liveth every time)...

And yeah, every tune on prophecy starts with it...

STN

sou'wester
That Soul Jazz thing to accompany the Beth Lesser book isn't half bad, though I have heard every tune on it already.*

*whether this is a criticism of the comp, or an affirmation of my status as a gold-tooth-yellow-tooth-chipped-tooth-painful-tooth-gun-pon-tooth-don-tooth-gorgon-tooth-bad-boy -gun-pon-front-tooth-yermum-tooth badboy talker, is a matter I shall leave to your discretion.