U2 Album Discography Available for Free Via Myspace

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Yeah, i donated a fistfull of cash to Luna-C for that, he provided a shit load of free stuff. Not all of it is great but there are some gems in there.

I actually paid more than I meant to because I had a drunken exchange rate confusion.

yeh I thought it was really commendable how he went about it; thoughtful if understandably bitter explanation, everything @ 320, all kinds of rarities & unreleased material. it seems like a case study for how to handle the era of p2p networks & torrents - I wonder if it's brought him any new fans?

& I'm very much on the dark side of the jungle/happy split but there's some killer ardkore shading into happy but still with tough breakbeats stuff ca. '92-early '94. plus Luna made a darkside classic himself, the 12" he did as Hired Gun which is available for DL.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
ok. i am going to put forth that U2's early albums are great. WAR is a good album, it sounds like a recording of a band should----like they are playing together. i won't go near their stuff as it approaches rattle & hum and the like, but the early early stuff? hells yes.

gumdrops

i actually like quite a few (old) u2 songs but i do wish hed take those fucking glasses off. just once.

mos dan

fact music
yes this thread should be locked for 'discussion of u2' surely that transcends all the other reasons to lock a thread

innit. free isn't nearly cheap enough - they'd have to pay me to listen to that shit.

ether

Its hard to summarize quite why I find u2 so offensive, I'm not sure weather its the anodyne music which makes me want to sell my own ear drums too cash converters or the potato headed bonio's messianic complex.

zhao

there are no accidents
Its hard to summarize quite why I find u2 so offensive, I'm not sure weather its the anodyne music which makes me want to sell my own ear drums too cash converters or the potato headed bonio's messianic complex.

absolutely concur with all expressed venomous seething hatred in this thread, but just to play contrarian, the first couple of albums i enjoyed as a 15 year old... and dare say not bad even today.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Any band that receives 5 stars for everything they ever do in Q magazine is obviously doing something.

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
Of course, early Simple Minds piss all over any period or moment of U2. To clarify.

god yes indeed, yes INDEED. in fact, i think it was bone-on and the chaps that actually talked Simple Minds into being shite right after New Gold Dream so another gong to add to the many.

i can say with pride that i always HATED u2. not one damn thing ever appealed to me about them except the piano on unforgettable fire. and as for the edge being great well, fuck that, John Martyn and Vini Reilly both deploy echoplex's to much greater effect. i own none of their music, never downloaded anything and they look crap and sound worse.

they really are just a totally shite post-modern joke. they will never split up, never do anything exciting, they will always just BE like employment, politicians and adverts. coldplay are in mild pursuit.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Simple Minds were pretty great - no wonder they toured in support of Peter Gabriel back in 82...

ether

Any one else noticed that U2 have been in the media a lot over the last couple of weeks? in particular on the bbc. There's been some interesting criticism leveled at the exposure they where getting from them: http://www.bbc.co.uk/musicevents/u2/ and the fact license fee-payers picking up the tab for their latest marketing campaign.

I read that Lesley Douglas (sacked bbc radio Controller) now works for the universal music group director of programming and business development, hmmm guess which of the majors u2 are signed too?