Alexander Nut's own thread

mms

sometimes
anyone read lisa blanning's review of it? she compares it to a dj kicks mix..... i'm somewhat inclined to agree with her. that said i can see what mr nut was trying to do - if i wasn't acquainted with with W***Y / whatever it would be a nice introduction. and tron by waajeed is one of my favourite beats ever.

i dunno why comparing it to a dj kicks cd is bad, also every review i've read by her has been extremley condescending. the hudson mohawke review was hilariously condescending.

faustus

i really like nut as a dj and tune into his sets on rinse quite often...buuttt

not so sure about the cd...

i agree. problem with the cd is, almost all these tracks are on about a billion other mixes, almost certainly more interestingly mixed (no offence). agree that his sets down at fwd vs rinse have been very welcome

Could anyone with contact details for Alexander Nut pm me please? his myspace is a weird one.

edit: sorted

Last edited:

gumdrops

i agree. problem with the cd is, almost all these tracks are on about a billion other mixes, almost certainly more interestingly mixed (no offence). agree that his sets down at fwd vs rinse have been very welcome

i think nuts is prob the best of the bunch so far, its the only one that really feels like a bit more time has been spent on them than the average radio set these guys do. that said, the plastician one was good too, but just a bit samey. geeneus, skepta and supa ds were too patchy though. spyros one was too all over the shop imo. guys like brackles and oneman do the dot connecting thing way better.

id like to see butterz do one, for a proper grime rinse cd. i think that show is prob the best non-mc-based one for grime on rinse.

tom lea

i'd love butterz or scratcha to do one. and i know he's not rinse, but they should get kode 9 to do one before the year's out anyway.

I don't understand the dislike for Spyro's one, it's by far my favourite of all of them. The only one that's really summed up what their own show is about succintly I feel.
Supa D's could have done but it was too dated by the time it came out.

gumdrops

yeah, scratcha would do a good one. i dunno why he doesnt release more of his own beats tbh.

a kode 9 one would be good too - his dubstep allstars is maybe the best of that whole series.

Elijah

Butterz
i'd love butterz or scratcha to do one. and i know he's not rinse, but they should get kode 9 to do one before the year's out anyway.

I aint even been there a year yet, give me some time to settle in! im just getting my feet wet!

My votes still go with Chef and Marcus Nasty for the next two.