Soundhack/ MMM

padro1982

Errorsmith is the dog's balls, everything he's released has been incredible, and perhaps more importantly it sounds like nothing else available.

To be fair the same can be said for all those aliases, Soundhack has had his fair share of imitators (Secondo springs immediately to mind) but nobody does it as well.

Errorsmith also contributed to this quality record:

Various - Roots, Rock, Ravers EP

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Roots-Rock-Ravers-EP/release/59778

as Disco Consultant with I-Sound.

Last edited:
I have a split album by MMM and Surrogat from the middle 90s. Very minimal repetitive glitchy stuff. I'll play that now, haven't listened to it in ages. At the time I wasn't listening to much electronic music and bought the CD for Surrogat's mathy noise rock, so the MMM tracks were more like a little freakish curiosity for me. I appreciate that much more now than when I first heard it. Didn't know they were still going.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
great stuff

here is a geat errorsmith mix. he's an awesome dj if you ever get to catch him, love all that stuff, the errorsmith album from a few years back, the live one is great, as are the mmm soundhack and soundstream releases

http://www.errorsmith.de/unlinked/trilliardairemix.htm

I'm enjoying this mix. It's actually a lot less out there than what I was expecting. Definitely wasn't expecting vocal tracks (OK, hadn't really looked at the tracklisting I admit).

I heard some Soundhack stuff (just flicking through records in a shop) and remember it being way more abrasive and disjointed.

powerpill

Soundstream and a bunch of others are playing at Cable, a new club in London Bridge this Saturday. YES

SATURDAY 6th JUNE 2009
FUTURE FLASH
ROOM 1
SOUNDSTREAM (Soundhack / Soundstream Rec)
PROSUMER (Berghain / Panorama Bar Berlin)
WILL SAUL (Simple Rec / Aus Music)
DAVE CONGREVE (Soma / Repeat Repeat)

ROOM 2
MOCK & TOOF (DFA Rec / Tiny Sicks Rec)
TOBY TOBIAS (Tiny Sticks Rec / Rekids)
MATT WAITES (Nightmoves)
SEAN JOHNSTON
(Hardway Bros / Luna Flicks Rec / Beard Science)

11PM - 8AM
£12 ADV tickets / NUS all night / B4 Midnight
£15 on the door

padro1982

prosumer is wicked, proper party vibes, him with soundstream will be awesome. i'm not too sure about that club though, granted the lineups are excellent but it seems a bit 'superclub' to me, the type of place where there's no beer on draught and a bottle costs a tenner, i may be wrong though! anyone been?

powerpill

prosumer is wicked, proper party vibes, him with soundstream will be awesome. i'm not too sure about that club though, granted the lineups are excellent but it seems a bit 'superclub' to me, the type of place where there's no beer on draught and a bottle costs a tenner, i may be wrong though! anyone been?

bottle of beer = £3, spirit with mixer = £3.50. pipe

no idea on the club itself. sounds pretty good and ill give a little review of it on here after saturday.

padro1982

cool, i'm going to get my deep house vibes in dalston with steffi, qu and scott ferguson at sud on the friday instead i reckon, but would be intrigued to know what the club is like for future reference!

jackmaster

time, space, transmat
I have a split album by MMM and Surrogat from the middle 90s. Very minimal repetitive glitchy stuff. I'll play that now, haven't listened to it in ages. At the time I wasn't listening to much electronic music and bought the CD for Surrogat's mathy noise rock, so the MMM tracks were more like a little freakish curiosity for me. I appreciate that much more now than when I first heard it. Didn't know they were still going.

Pretty sure that's a different MMM?

MMM is actually the name of their label, and the artist is technically "Erik & Fiedel". They're affectionately known as MMM sometimes tho.

The boys are coming to do another live set for the Numbers 6th birthday in Glasgow alongside Guido and Gemmy.

Pretty sure that's a different MMM?

MMM is actually the name of their label, and the artist is technically "Erik & Fiedel". They're affectionately known as MMM sometimes tho.

The boys are coming to do another live set for the Numbers 6th birthday in Glasgow alongside Guido and Gemmy.

The credits just say "erik >>> mmm" and according to discogs it's Erik Wiegand http://www.discogs.com/Surrogat-Feat-MMM-Soul/release/929659

The album is from 1996, if the discogs data is complete that would be the first release related to MMM, maybe it was only a project by Erik Wiegand at that time. which evolved into the duo with Fiedel and the label later on.

BareBones

wheezy
haha, "disco consultant" is such a great name!

I have a smith & hack 12" from a few years ago but i'd never come across most of the stuff in this thread, it's wicked. Especially digging the sound stream stuff.

grave

I caught Soundstream at Plastic People a couple of years ago and it still stands as one of my favourite live sets.