[ldn] 'ardkore continuum event

rouge's foam

a deadly secretion
...general anti-theory followed by a enthusiastic big-up for Kode/Kodwo's ideas (which i have found to be even more abstract and 'theoretical' than Reynolds/K-Punk).

I've also got no problem with her dissing K-Punk and Reynolds but liking Kodwo and K9. I just think the latter two present their take on all this in a way which is much more poetic and engaging. That's just my opinion/personal taste tho.

Yeah I'd say that kodwo and 9's talk wasn't particularly theoretical - as it wasn't about thereotical explanations/interpretations (which is more the way reynolds and k-punk do things) but about aesthetics. They themselves called it 'magnified listening', which I thought was a brilliant paradigm for a musical criticism of a less controversial sort. Magnified listening would show us ways to enjoy music without getting bogged down in the difficult, often pseudo-scientific task of trying to grasp a big idea.

massrock

Someone should tell Jeremy Gilbert that Simon Reynolds' talk in Liverpool wasn't organised by FACT magazine. It wasn't was it?