new Burial 12 with... fourtet?!

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Everything Ecstatic is the cosmic jazz themed one right?
Pretty sure the "Ecstatic" bit is referring to the drug... he said he wanted to capture some of the rawness and energy of rave music. Had given up listening to his stuff by the time that came out, tho...

I agree on Fridge's Happiness. I think Happiness and to a lesser extent Eph are good records.

Hebden also did production for an album by Sunburned Hand Of The Man that was quite good - really chaotic and weird.

For some reason he's one of those people I've filed huge amounts of info about in my head, but don't actually like his music that much.

alex

Do not read this.
On the topic of Burial, does anyone feel that tune 'speedball 2'?? think its amazing!

The preview mix Kode 9 built for 'Untrue' is quality also, never gets old. Some of the MGS samples are really atmospheric, he uses them really well...(e.g. the flare, quality)

rob_giri

'Wolf Club' is just completely wonderfully amazingly great and has warmed my heart and love for all things human

the end

Ach!

Turd on the Run
On the topic of Burial, does anyone feel that tune 'speedball 2'?? think its amazing!

The preview mix Kode 9 built for 'Untrue' is quality also, never gets old. Some of the MGS samples are really atmospheric, he uses them really well...(e.g. the flare, quality)

Yeah, I love Speedball 2 too. Wasn't that one of the tracks from the album that he scrapped because it was too dark and hard sounding?

faustus

four tet's dj kicks is pretty great (mostly because of so solid crew and curtis mayfield, but still)

i remember everything ecstatic being good, and the stuff before being boring as anything. havent listened to fourtet in a few years now tho