DC go-go

Colz

Wild Horses
I'll have to have a look but i have some bits and pieces of go-go inc a double album comp but i cant remember any of the tracks on it. but most of them are like 10 - 15 mins jams. Ill a look and get back to you.

Is that the red white n blue coloured 'The Sound Of Washington DC' comp?(they were never too imaginative re compilation titles) double vinyl? It had Shady Groove, Petworth, Redds and the Boys on it, pretty much live. Really like that one.

Client Eastwood

Is that the red white n blue coloured 'The Sound Of Washington DC' comp?(they were never too imaginative re compilation titles) double vinyl? It had Shady Groove, Petworth, Redds and the Boys on it, pretty much live. Really like that one.

Yep that sounds familiar Colz. I only seem to remember the call/response bits to the vocals and the percussion which was hot. Dont know if was live or just loads of people in the studio there must of at least 10 people in the groups to play all the instruments.

Colz

Wild Horses
Great album, love Shady Groove's jam in particular. I think they kind of crowded everyone into a large room for the recordings, along with a small crowd for the call-and-response thing if I remember correctly - I think they felt recording the music in the more traditional studio setup would not do its live essence justice. Works for me.

STN

sou'wester
It was indeed Pelecanos.

Danny, you can of course borrow the book when I've finished it; it looks quite good. Has a small discography at the back, and the intro lists a few websites devoted to Go Go, which I will list when I have the book about my person.

Coincidentally, as I was catching up on the excellent mr trick and wrongtom podcast this morning, I found they'd had a mini Go Go special and played three tunes in a row - a tilt one, some new one by a guy called something like Arcadar, and The Word by Junkyard Band. All were rather wicked.

Interested in these 3/4 hour jams of essentially the same tune: sounds all entrancing, like Oum Khalthoum or something.

Colz

Wild Horses
Second gig I ever went to was Troublefunk live at the Hammersmith Odeon in something like 1985, and they wee absolutely incredible.

I think I have that on cassette somewhere - it was played live on Irish radio at the time.

Colz

Wild Horses
Little Benny has passed away. A friend of mine was recently chatting to him via email, seemed like a really nice fella too. A Go Go legend :(