Speed Garage Disaster

bassnation

the abyss
Backjob said:
I keep getting pipped on eBay auctions too, and someone told me recently it's cos there's this program people use called eSniper that is automatically programmed to swoop in and bid 30 seconds before the auction ends. Anybody know if that's true?

But generally, fuck eBay. It tempts you with this massive array of amazing vinyl, but you never EVER get a good deal, even if you do manage to win the cunting auction without being "sniped" or whatever...

i've managed to get a fair bit of old skool hardcore from there. luckily the stuff i want is not the ultra popular and getting harder to find 1994-95 jungle but darkcore and earlier breakbeat hardcore. you can still end up paying silly money for a tune that cost less than 2 quid when it was first released though.

john eden

male pale and stale
WOEBOT said:
aaww! mocking poor afflicted woebot on his vinyl disaster thread! (weeps silently/pathetically)

What you lose on the swings of 2step, you win on the roundabouts of black metal, Matt! :D

Ebay is shit for stuff that more than one person wants, in my experience.

Gemm, Google and 2nd hand shops are still my preference.

Woebot

Chef Napalm said:
As in The Hollow Earth Theory?!?? Progressive metal???!? :eek: How does that fit in with the ukg/grime/dancehall love, Matt? No hate, just curiousity. Never figured you for a Blind Guardian kind of fella. ;)

as the saying goes i like all sorts of music. but actually the metal thing fits right in with the avant-yob grime ting.

mms

sometimes
Chef Napalm said:
As in The Hollow Earth Theory?!?? Progressive metal???!? :eek: How does that fit in with the ukg/grime/dancehall love, Matt? No hate, just curiousity. Never figured you for a Blind Guardian kind of fella. ;)
this theory
http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF7/718.html

that kinda warped into this thru it's association with the nazi's special interest in the occult,lost worlds and mystical artifact hunting, http://www.illuminati-news.com/hitler-occult.htm

don't let that last post he did put you off the scent.
this dissensus lark tho matt thinks we're his orks you know.
he's head goblin.
yikes!

Last edited:

ambrose

WOEBOT said:
well seeing as how i downloaded them off eBay as part of the geezer's sales pitch check these muthafuckers

sweet!

the only other mention ive ever seen of that david anthony tune "friday night"....

when i bought that i thought it was sort of the epitome of all that was good about 2 step, good singing, awesome basslines, funky as hell. But i dont know anything about it, or have heard any mention of it until now......

Woebot

ambrose said:
sweet!

the only other mention ive ever seen of that david anthony tune "friday night"....

when i bought that i thought it was sort of the epitome of all that was good about 2 step, good singing, awesome basslines, funky as hell. But i dont know anything about it, or have heard any mention of it until now......

i won that david anthony record off him on that bid you know. i have the plastic! that is a super-awesome record.

AND

got the last laugh with the KMA cape fear record, its been bootlegged and reissued on a white label, an EP called "bangers" uptown have copies. damn what a fine fine record

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Backjob said:
I keep getting pipped on eBay auctions too, and someone told me recently it's cos there's this program people use called eSniper that is automatically programmed to swoop in and bid 30 seconds before the auction ends. Anybody know if that's true?

But generally, fuck eBay. It tempts you with this massive array of amazing vinyl, but you never EVER get a good deal, even if you do manage to win the cunting auction without being "sniped" or whatever...

Are you mad? Ebay is the best! if you have patience you are guaranteed to find great deals. Maybe not as good as if you went to used record stores or something but then again you dont' have to go anywhere. For example I saw the following records go for $1.99 each (which I didn't buy because I stupidly missed the auctions) in the last couple of weeks:

UR - Interstellar Fugitives (2x12")
UR - Electronic Warfare (2x12")
2 Bad Mice - Bombscare/Hold It Down (fuck fuck fuck. my most wanted record right now. sure, it's pretty common but I don't want to pay more than $5 for it either)

And you can find lots of 50 records that go for less than $100. Even if you only want like 10 of them it's still a pretty good deal.

The records where you often cannot get a good deal are perversely not the rare ones but the very popular ones (trance anthems, daft punk etc.)

About eSnipe, yeah, it's true. I've never used the program though. It doesn't guarantee anything aside from making sure you never miss an auction. All you have to do is bid the most you are willing to pay. For example: the current price is $1. You bid $5 but since the increment is 0.25 the price only goes to $1.25. With 30 seconds to go the esniper swoops in and bids $1.5 Since you bid earlier for $5 eBay automatically bids for you and raises the price to $1.75 (you are still the winner). At this point the sniper most likely won't have enough time to change his bid. So you win and you don't have to pay $5 either. And even if you do wind up paying $5, that's how much you were willing to pay in the first place. Saying all this it usually pays off bidding later rather than earlier because it doesn't leave enough time for bidding wars to take effect (because people rarely put in a bid of the maximum they are willing to pay).

Last edited: