Best first wave punk band (UK)

best early punk band

• Total voters

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
we need a best Oi band poll, surely. actually, I'll do one up in a bit. or maybe a best peacepunk band poll would be better.

The winner of an poll Oi would HAVE to be THE COCKNEY REJECTS by several furlongs.Ditto CRASS for peacepunk.As both bands instigated and defined the respective 'genres'
there could be no contest.To state anything else would be a bit like declaring ''Back is White'' or ''Wiley has nothing over Chipmunk''.

www.myspace.com/thekandytangerineman

john eden

male pale and stale
I think there is an argument for the Fall and Wire being included but they are not really seen as punk bands now, possibly because of their later work.

Which is weird because obviously the Banshees later stuff isn't punk either.

But there is more common sonics and aesthetics between the bands in the poll and those two...

Ditto Crass - definitely second wave in my eyes (first record was 79?). Padraig should definitely do his oi and anarchopunk polls!

petergunn

plywood violin
I think there is an argument for the Fall and Wire being included but they are not really seen as punk bands now, possibly because of their later work.

Which is weird because obviously the Banshees later stuff isn't punk either.

i canot believe 5 people voted for the Bansees as the BEST PUNK BAND.......

ugh....

if that is allowed, then i vote for Subway Sect..........

john eden

male pale and stale
i canot believe 5 people voted for the Bansees as the BEST PUNK BAND.......

ugh....

if that is allowed, then i vote for Subway Sect..........

Well no doubt about it, The Scream is an excellent album - but it is excellent in an entirely different way to Never Mind The Bollocks.