epic songs in less than 2 mins running time

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

at least when youre 13 watching skateboard videos..

BOC - roygbiv is 2:40... gah

IdleRich

IdleRich
"The Castaways - Liar Liar and The Phantom - Love Me are both under two minutes I think."
Actually, that was really lazy, I should say something about the tunes in question and what makes them epic.
Love Me is one of the most rudimentary and raw rockabilly tracks I've ever heard and also one of the heaviest. Just shouting/howling over a juddering stop start rhythm that threatens to fall apart the whole way through the song. In fact the whole thing threatens to fall apart and it's not quite clear that it doesn't. Maybe that's why it only lasts one minute and fifty or whatever. I think that The Phantom was injured in a car crash after this and never made another record, he certainly plays guitar like someone who would get injured in a car crash.
Liar Liar I'm sure everyone knows but I think it's epic by virtue of its off-tune organ and demented vocals and the way it was such a huge and catchy hit despite sounding so wrong. Reminds me a bit of You Treat Me Bad by The Ju-Jus which actually has the vocals recorded at the wrong speed - but I think that the Castaways tune just sounds like that because that was the way they sounded.

Moondog "Lament 1: Bird's Lament" (well epic)
Good call.

Client Eastwood

This is all I can thing off.

Peace go with you brother.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oh and Brother
and Whitey on the moon
but they're more poems I guess tho'

CHAOTROPIC

on account
Chrome: 'TV as Eyes' 2:16
Jerry Lee Lewis: 'Great Balls of Fire' 1:55
The Smiths, 'Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want' 1:53
Slapp Happy, 'Some Questions About Hats' 1:49 'Riding Tigers' 1:43
Crass, 'Do They Owe Us A Living?' 1:25
Goblin, 'Profundo Rosso' 1:38
Neutral Milk Hotel, 'King Of Carrot Flowers pt1' 2:00
Nick Drake, 'Pink Moon' 2:01
Zappa, 'Oh No' 1:46
Neil Young, 'The Needle & the Damage Done' 2:02
Pixies, 'Wave of Mutiliation' 2:04 'Mr Grieves' 2:06 'Crackity Jones' 1:24
Captain Beefheart, 'The Blimp' 2:05 'Old Fart at Play' 1:51
The Frogs, 'Homos' 1:55
Super Furry Animals, 'Chupacabras' 1:27
Mindless Self Indulgence, 'SevenEleven' 1:31
Art Bears, 'Song of Investment Capital Overseas' 2:30
Solar System Stupid, 'What If?' 1:01
Young People, 'Collection' 1:34
The Residents, 'Icky Flix' 1:39
Daniel Johnston, 'Devil Town' 1:06
Cardiacs, 'I Hold My Love In My Arms' 1:11
Wire, 'Three Girl Rhumba' 1:24
Dead Kennedys. 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off' 1:03 !!

Surprising number of 'big' tracks hover around two minutes. I'm loving this ... listening to stuff I haven't heard in years :cool:

buddha hat

low post
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>