Joy Orbison

FairiesWearBoots

Damn, these days o' the nets can straight kill a track dead before its had chance to live;) like an abortion clinic :p I like it - nothing revolutionary but I imagine its quite a warm track in the dance - as Wet Look probably is too

mms

sometimes
i think it fills a gap for people, even dubstep naysayers in other genres have wanted dubstep to do this for ages, ie a happy stringy dubstep track, there have been them before but dubstep wasn't popular enough then for it to make a difference, still don't know what the fuss is really about to be honest, the melody reminds me of dave angel or one of those brit techno guys who didn't quite do great melodies or make exciting tracks, it's nice, which is maybe whats necessary when dubstep in the mainstream is caspa, skream etc, you know if you only knew caspa and skream and benga this track would probably be a real revelation.

shaolinsoul

yeah I have to agree here. The track doesnt really go anywhere and is seriously dry imo in its progression just quite boring. Like the guys comparison with derivative ambient jungle two finger chords and the like but two-step ukg and diva vocals .

Pretty strange this would come out on Hotflush after the promise of the more earlier denser grey area stuff Scuba was pushing.

benjybars

village elder.
Damn, these days o' the nets can straight kill a track dead before its had chance to live;) like an abortion clinic :p I like it - nothing revolutionary but I imagine its quite a warm track in the dance - as Wet Look probably is too

innit man.

it's a good tune. let it live a little!

IanTheM

Tame Horse
yeah I have to agree here. The track doesnt really go anywhere and is seriously dry imo in its progression just quite boring. Like the guys comparison with derivative ambient jungle two finger chords and the like but two-step ukg and diva vocals .

Pretty strange this would come out on Hotflush after the promise of the more earlier denser grey area stuff Scuba was pushing.

What grey area? This tune's certainly grey on all sides. In terms of genre anyway.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm a bit sick of this and I've only heard it out once. It's a shame it got caught up in hype, I really loved it when I first heard it on Ben's fabric promo mix.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Not really, I'm talking more about the internet chatter surrounding it. I think it's a nice tune that has been overhyped. Unfortunately for me I spend quite a lot of time on forums/blogs and so all the arguments surrounding it have obscured the actual tune.

I realise this is insane, by the way.

staypuft

bwah bwah
not at all corpsey, I think that hyperbole can very much wear on music.. look at anything aphex twin has released in the past decade. given the inordinate amount of hype its hard for me to tell what material of his I personally like until several years later.

benjybars

village elder.
Seen at least 3 copies of Hyph Mngo go for £20+ on ebay in the last 2 weeks..

don't people realise there's another press coming soon?

craner

Beast of Burden
I've only recently heard this, and I don't get it. Surely this does what Joy Orbison's rumoured too? Or far better? I'm no expert, but the Cooly G track sounds like a truly gorgeous post-2-stepper, rather than dubstep or funky or whatever it's being labeled, but the Joy Orbison sounds...staid, static.