Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: rolling tv thread

Thank you for that, I probably should have waited until it finished before reading it but never mind, it's not the sort of thing where the ending as such is massively important. It's a while since I read Howard's End but I actually saw an adaptation of An Inspector Calls a couple of months ago so it's fairly fresh in my mind. I do recall that Leonard Bast was the worst written character in HE though, probably Forster had less experience of people like him.

Bored to tears with twin peaks 3 (episode 12) so shifted to 'the name of the rose'. Hooked. Might read the book again. Already read it twice.

Similar vibe to dissensus. Who is adso? Who is the inquisitor?

Yeah I didn't get all the TP3 hype either. It's a slog to say the least. Felt like a perfect example of that old theory where people assume something is good if it's complicated and they can't understand it.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Obviously it's frustrating and boring and stupid, objectively it is all those things but

A lot of it stays with you meaning at some level it works. Or part of it works. Some of it really burrows down.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    A lot of it stays with you meaning at some level it works. Or part of it works. Some of it really burrows down.
    Agreed. The slowness and frustrating...ness of it are exactly the point. And it is extremely disturbing.

My appreciation for it has increased since I watched that video about it that I posted a page or two ago.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    This is well worth a watch if you're as into the show as I am, and have seen all of it, or all of it that you ever plan to watch, at any rate.

tl,dr; Twin Peaks in its entirety, but especially the film and the last series, is essentially an elaborate meta-commentary on the nature of TV in general, TV's effect on society and vice-versa, and the show itself and its relationship to us, the audience.

Is it actually four and a half hours long? Daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes_ View Post
    Yeah I didn't get all the TP3 hype either. It's a slog to say the least. Felt like a perfect example of that old theory where people assume something is good if it's complicated and they can't understand it.

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Is it actually four and a half hours long? Daunting.
    Well, if you can be arsed to put in 18 hours watching the third season...

That feels different to watching a 4-hour YouTube vid though. I dunno why, but it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvuent View Post
    if you look at my post history here you'll see I've been a tireless supporter of Welsh independence.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

if you look at my post history here you'll see I've been a tireless supporter of Welsh independence.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    That feels different to watching a 4-hour YouTube vid though. I dunno why, but it does.
    I will explain why

One is prestige television with a multi million dollar budget and a stellar cast of acclaimed character actors. The long awaited conclusion to one of the most loved shows of all time from one of Americas greatest and most enigmatic directors.

The other is some nerd sitting in front of a webcam.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Yeah, that could be it.