Tenancy law (UK)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Does anyone know of any good online sources as regards this? I am in the process of contesting the withholding of a deposit by my ex-landlady. I am lucky enough to have a colleague who knows tenancy law a bit, but he's stumped on certain questions (as it is quite complicated/obscure), so any good online forums/guides that anyone knows of would be hugely appreciated!

So annoyed that the schooling system in the UK fails to give people any idea of their rights, as regards housing, employment, stop-and-search or anything.... :eek:

STN

sou'wester
and good luck. Most landlords/letting agents are servants of the Fiend, and I place my curse upon them.

STN

sou'wester
It is utterly demented, and I'm sure it's connected to the fixation with property ownership. Many people seem to think that owning a flat gives you the automatic and unconditional right to make money off people who should be bloody well grateful to live in your flat and shouldn't ask for anything ever, when in fact landlords are being paid to provide a service and should act accordingly.

sufi

lala
Strangely enough there are some rights associated with rent deposits for tenants:
Tenancy deposit protection (TDP) schemes guarantee that tenants will get their deposits back at the end of the tenancy, if they meet the terms of the tenancy agreement and do not damage the property. Landlords must protect their tenants' deposits using a TDP scheme if they have let the property on an assured shorthold tenancy (AST) which started after 6 April 2007.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/Privaterenting/Tenancies/DG_189120
mine is apparently with: http://www.depositprotection.com/

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
thanks so much for all the info.

in my circs though, i'm just gonna leave it, cos there's no way i'm gonna get anything back. Have saved a bit of £ this month thru not paying rent and staying with a friend, so hopefully should even out a bit. Par tof the deposit (maybe 50 per cent) was owed for bills, so at least that's not been stolen.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Landlords are up there with bus drivers in the pantheon of cunts.
They are trying to change things here that the deposit is given to a third party as so many landlords forget it never stops being the tenants money:mad:

Meanwhile we have this cráic

ll1.jpg

ll2.jpg

ll3.jpg

ll4.jpg

Bastards