Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's not a reason its a position

yes, it's a position you're compelled to submit to. you are free to justify your love in whichever way you like - i found your memories quite poignant and touching, but at the end of the day you're not Paul Gasgoine, you're Oliver gwynyth Craner the sophisticate with MA1 jacket and spliff.

craner

Beast of Burden
You're saying I chose to like it rather than choosing to like Dave Clarke or On Remand. That wasn't the case. I liked things like that too.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
But I didn't like the music to take a position either!

nonsense! There was an olive - you're not alone ganja crew remix in 96. Yes, it was shit. Because they were from opposing universes, not cos dj hype was completely irredeemable by 96.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
You're saying I chose to like it rather than choosing to like Dave Clarke or On Remand. That wasn't the case. I liked things like that too.

We choose to like everything. that's my point. you don't just *naturally* like anything, context is key.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
for heavens sake you admitted what we've been trying to tell you fricking 10 pages upthread!

I had the intellectual ballast of Simon Price championing this stuff in Melody Maker if I felt the need for moral support. But that was just back-up for something felt instinctively.

The fact that you contemplated that as a back up shows you were an inverted snob. A true sharon n tracy or beer boy would not need to resort to Simon Price!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
in fact listening to subcultures which conflict with each other is a surefire way to develop a healthy psychic apparatus for a musicological lexicon. But then you have to admit your outsider status, which is exactly what the goldsmiths mandem did not think they were. Mixmag and prog house lovers making future garridge, thinking we would not see behind their mock attempts to present themselves as insiders!

this was my master tactic in the game. proper bergkamp peep in the hole. Deny this Craner!

craner

Beast of Burden
I mean, in every way it doesn't really matter that you're wrong. You got to air your theories. The past remains intact, as it was. It's just, for the record, inverted snobbery had nothing to do with me and Whigfield in 1994.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I don't like Saturday Night, I have to say. Wouldn't put it on the same plane as Dreamer, by any means. I'm finishing each sentence with a cliché, at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.