Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dogs

Anyone read about this?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0617175625.htm

Dogs have evolved an extra facial muscle, not found in wolves, that enables them to do that cute look with their eyes.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Dogs >>> cats.

My favourites are German Shepherds, but Iím biased because I grew up with them. Some of my family in Ireland had Kerry Blues, which look like something out of Ď2000ADí.

Afghan Hounds look like Nicky Clarke and are really fun until you let them off the lead - then suddenly you've got a missing dog and a trail of toddler limbs / dead cats for miles. But you get to look at THIS, which is way cooler than a zillion "aww, Chairman Meow won't let mummy sit on the sofa!" tweets.

not to digress off topic but you can't really generalize about cats. we have two, sister/brother with exact opposite personalities. she is constantly seeking attention, will jump up onto my desk and lay down directly on top of whatever I'm reading in order to be in my line of vision, loves to sit on my lap or run around the apartment. he's the biggest fucking load, couldn't give a shit about us most of the time (outside feeding time), will crawl under a chair to sleep and sometimes literally not move for five or six hours.

dogs are great but definitely more needy (not to mention you have to walk them a few times a day).

Not to generalise too much but I wasn't surprised to read that the female is affectionate and the male isn't.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

I could write a big list of things I like about cats but one of those things is that they're still slightly wild. They fuck off and live a hidden cat life at night. They don't give a shit about you sometimes (or all the time).

I suppose dogs are somewhat similar except they're pack animals, so their wildness is more suited to doting on humans.

Cats (as a rule) clear up after themselves when they go for a shit, which is a huuuuge plus point in their favour.

One of the best things Lovecraft ever wrote is this actually pretty funny essay on why dogs are shit and cats are awesome: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/...essays/cd.aspx

(BTW I'm not wholly anti-dog - I know some of them have great personalities and are loads of fun and so on - but I wouldn't want one myself, and unfortunately there are some really bad dog owners out there. I mean bad for their pets' own welfare and bad for other people who have to put up endless nocturnal barking, aggressive behaviour and rank stinking shit all over the fucking place.)
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Not to generalise too much but I wasn't surprised to read that the female is affectionate and the male isn't.
    true, but I know some females who are really aloof.

cats, I mean.

Cats are funny because they act as if they're superior beings but are in fact endearingly stupid.

mungo_twat.jpg

They have a dignity that dogs don't have, but of course the dignity is constantly pulled from under them like the table cloth in a farce.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

I'm semi-trolling. Cats are alright - apart from smothering newborn babies to death in their cots, to eliminate competition for resources. And their contributions to witchcraft.

You're right though - don't own a dog if you can't handle LOTS of shit. A big noxious, wormy, wet mound of shit.

Cats are basically morons.

Speaking of Bernese Mountain Dogs, here are the President of Ireland's

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/...s-brd-13471770

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post: