Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Death begins at 40

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Bowl trouble is the most middle-aged thing I've heard of, I knew we were indisputably at that point when we left Ikea the other day and my girlfriend said "I'm really excited about our new saucepans". I guess the twinge it caused in me when I heard that was the last spasm of some long dead nerve.
    I honestly misread that as "bowel trouble" to begin with, which made the rest of the post interesting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    don't underestimate winter though. it makes everybody feel horrible and some are especially susceptible to it. in summer you'll be drinking pints with ben ufo again and feeling like a bossman.
    shorter hours of sunlight have an affect on me. harder to get up in the morning when it's still dark outside, and feel less inclined to go out and socialize when it's cold and dark again at 5:00 pm.

christ, had to run three-and-a-half blocks to catch a train yesterday and honestly thought I was going to die. my legs actually hurt, was limping a bit afterwards, muscles still slightly sore this morning. I often walk 5-6 miles on a Saturday or Sunday, so not a total blob but a three-minute jog to the station felt lethal. then again, I am a old bastard.

I honestly misread that as "bowel trouble" to begin with, which made the rest of the post interesting.
    I'm pretty sure that the person I was quoting meant to say bowel trouble. It's a classic mistake... my favourite was the advert for an all-comers "Open bowels tournament".

i've been realizing this week that my hair is getting thinner and thinner and that i'm slowly (yet also so quickly) getting bald.

should i grow a beard to compensate?

i've been realizing this week that my hair is getting thinner and thinner and that i'm slowly (yet also so quickly) getting bald.
    That's a horrific realization. I live in fear of it. That, and my teeth falling out.

I'm 35 this weekend and it feels like I'm closing in on 40.

I remember my dad's fortieth birthday.

A lot of my friends now have kids. I'm not really jealous of having kids but it does feel a bit like they're doing what you should be doing at my age and I'm still living my same old life.

It struck me horribly the other day that I'm pretty much already at the extreme end of how old you should be going to certain nightclubs.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    corpsey's spent the whole of his thirties willing himself into middle age.

not in a craner sense of wanting to be a distinguished silver fox, but in a sense of having achey knees, bowl troubles and regrets.
    LOL this is still true
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

I went bald in my late 20s but then it grew back. Although that was stress-induced alopecia rather than normal baldness.

BTW, shaven head + goatee = instant badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

BTW, shaven head + goatee = instant badass.
    Or Paul Gadd.

I was born bald always been bald never had any sleepless nights over it.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    I was born bald always been bald never had any sleepless nights over it.
    You had hair when I first met you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

it's never a good look to cling on to your last hairs i think so i asked a good friend of mine yesterday she should tell me when i have to shave it all off. could've seen this coming though, my father has been bald for as long as i know him. i'm also thinking of maybe getting some sort of signature hat that would become part of my new character.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    You had hair when I first met you.
    That wasn't another time, it was another dimension.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: