Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uncut Gems (2019)

Lopatin looks and sounds like he's ill these days.

safdies are the best american filmmakers doing it right now.

lopatin's score for UG is intense but it might make the films even better if he used some more modern synths.

Definite 80s vibe going on with the tunes. I like the melodies (especially those sounds accompanying the zoom shots) and have been enjoying the soundtrack in bits, but i think lopatin is massively overrated.

I like a lot of his stuff, but I think he's overrated in the sense that he isn't making it all himself. He has people like Paul Corley making him patches and stuff.

There's that guy who did one of his videos (Jon rafman?) where it was about furry culture or whatever, and he nicked loads of footage off someone else, then got found out. I kinda feel that whole vibe is all over him. He's not genuine. Also this whole lopatin thing, no longer oneohtrix point never, what's that about.

He made a couple of good but forgettable pieces. Nothing worth giving a shit about imo. It's like music that ticks all the status quo boxes. Lone guy in Brooklyn with Russian heritage playing minimal shit on vintage analogs. Add some simple but haunty harmonies and you have a sellable artist to millenials.
    Last edited by pattycakes_; 16-01-2020 at 11:40 PM.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

GOLDMAN v SILVERMAN

Rod Goldman and Al Silverman are street performers who work the tourist scene of Times Square. Goldman gets no respect and Silverman is the first one to make sure of that.

Directed By: Josh and Benny Safdie

Starring: Adam Sandler and Benny Safdie