Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Holofractographic Unified Field Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    C'mon though, surely that stimulated *some* thought!
    You don't leave much room for debate and I don't know enough physics to counter what you say. Nor have i had the opportunity to read the Neuroquantology paper yet.
    Dark matter is probably bollocks though, I think absence of evidence is evidence of absence in this case. The ballooning of dark matter to account for the shortcomings of gravitational cosmology reminds me of pre-Keplerian epicycle proliferation.
    Last edited by HMGovt; 27-09-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    The ballooning of dark matter to account for the shortcomings of gravitational cosmology reminds me of pre-Keplerian epicycle proliferation.
    Not an unreasonable comparison, I admit. But fudging a theory as elegant and successful as general relativity to make it fit empirical data is very unattractive too, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    C'mon though, surely that stimulated *some* thought!
    Just read through the Unified Spacememory Network paper, and while I can safely say that the overwhelming bulk of it is beyond me, what little I've read on this Haramein fellow I find interesting.

Any of you have any thoughts on this guy? Seems to be a trend of dismissive accusations of pseudoscience (...) and cultishness.

I'd call it fringe science rather than pseudoscience, until he starts with the "morphic resonance" stuff, which is pretty much OG pseudoscience.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

Okay, I think I see what you mean. Framing it as fringe doesn't discount it to nearly the same degree.

Also, I remember enjoying this presentation, which seemed to connect intelligence (of any kind?), or perhaps the subjectivity of intelligence, to Mandelbrot's infinite recursion formula (?). Anyway, as a layman, I found it immensely interesting.