Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Get Angry On Dissensus?

Default Do You Get Angry On Dissensus?

When I saw Danny L the other day he confessed to me that very often dissensus sends him into a white hot rage. That surprised me a bit cos he doesn't usually lose his rag with people on here.

Do you get really angry too? I obviously do all the time. I hide it more than I used to though.

lol interesting topic. I feel like you can distinguish genuine IRL anger from more benign internet "anger." I've experienced the latter on here but never close to the former. in other words it's never been anger that I think would carry over to a "real" interaction: I might occasionally disagree with someone but it's not like I'd bum rush them if I saw them on the street.

I'll be in the UK for a while in a few months, so I certainly hope that very last part is reciprocated.
    Last edited by mvuent; 11-11-2019 at 08:42 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mvuent For This Useful Post:

Corpsey is another one who's told me he gets incandescent with rage on here.

Corpsey said very often it will stop him sleeping at night. What's bringing you to the UK?

study abroad for my last semester of college.

but yes I always suspected that Corpsey was an extremely violent, volatile individual irl. I mean look at the gruesome display of street fighting in his avatar pic.

He said he's a dormant volcano waiting to explode.

I used to, like 8-10 years ago

now, not really

I guess more recently I used to get a bit frustrated but not angry, just exasperated. not even that now.

idk man it's a message board, I love some people here but also who cares? aren't we all all too old for that nonsense?

Dissensus is at its best when it's adversarial but not actively hostile

hostility both kills and takes over the discussion

11. The Following User Says Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

the flame wars of yesteryear were much crazier and more extensive too

it's hard to muster such a level of feeling now

that was back when people had yet to realize that arguing on the Internet is a completely pointless mudslinging fest that no one wins and everyone loses

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

never. i think someone once actually apologized to me for saying something bad and i didn't even know what it was about.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Corpsey is another one who's told me he gets incandescent with rage on here.
    This is actually true

Sometimes I think about certain people on here for ten or twenty minutes or longer - not necessarily angrily, but pondering them, pondering their relationship with me, pondering me in light of this
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

And when this happens I think jesus I've got to stop going on there this is ridiculous
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

I never really got angry on Dissensus, but I used to be the object of plenty of ire. I remember going a bit far on the David Bowie thread, and really pissing some people off. You know, every one has their limits.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    When I saw Danny L the other day he confessed to me that very often dissensus sends him into a white hot rage. That surprised me a bit cos he doesn't usually lose his rag with people on here.

Do you get really angry too? I obviously do all the time. I hide it more than I used to though.
    Did I actually say that? Not saying I didn't but I may have been under the influence. "Very often" is a definite exaggeration on your part. I don't recall getting angry here for a while. More like kinda fed up, can't be bothered to belabour my points any longer.
    Last edited by DannyL; 11-11-2019 at 10:49 AM.