Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shining Ones

Well it's definitely not an original idea, was surprised to see them cover it in South Park though. Also that film... Starry Eyes - is that right Luka? - has similar themes. Arguably Neon Demon too, wonder who first came up with the idea.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

I'd love to see someone trace the history of the idea and it's dissemination

It all traces back to the worship of Baal
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Ah no sorry I wasn't clear, I know that the idea of the sacrifice who is first feted and treated as a king but finally killed goes back to time immemorial - I'm pretty sure that it took place in Ancient Britain, the Middle East and also in Inca or Aztec culture too. But what I'm specifically interested in here is who first suggested the parallel between that film stars (or whatever) who are similarly feted and then destroyed - and when did it change from being a metaphor describing their function to a conspiracy theory with people believing it's actually literally true.

Yeah the Golden bough is the foundation text here but thr genius bit is mapping it on to the spectacle

Patty mentioned kill king 33 that might have been first potentially.

I don't know what that is I'm afraid.

It's a piece of writing. About the JFK assassination. I'm at work but I'll see if I can find it

https://www.revisionisthistory.org/kingkill33.html

Totally mad shit. I saw it in a book called Apocalypse Culture years ago in the depths of my conspiracy research
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

You don't need to subscribe to the idea that this is planned and executed by people in accordance with ritual the ritual could be inherent in the fabric of things. An archetypal patterns that recurs throughout time with different actors.

Iain Sinclair draws on this stuff a fair bit specially his Hawksmoor/Jack the Ripper riffs

"Never allow anyone the luxury of assuming that because the dead and deadening scenery of the American city-of-dreadful-night is so utterly devoid of mystery, so thoroughly flat-footed, sterile and infantile, so burdened with the illusory gloss of "baseball-hot dogs-apple-pie-and-Chevrolet" that it is somehow outside the psycho-sexual domain."

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    It's the image that's real. That's what we consume. The actual person doesn't exist.
    Nefertiti-front-3D-wweb.jpg

tales of decolonisation

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...bust-nefertiti.

nefertiti - a celeb only due the survival of her image directly through this very artefact. i recall the initial performance attempt to 3d scan the object, it seems that was bogus, and it seems this guy's approach was more productive https://cosmowenman.com/ - wrestling the babylonians using rank and contacts and the system and legalese and being "professional",

e.g. in this correspondence the babylonians reveal their assumptions and entitlement about their rights to exploitation of the shining one https://cosmowenman.files.wordpress....ess-effort.pdf
    720X720-8c27dc9536d6176c8f42f2d11ed7b91304c89532.jpg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sufi For This Useful Post: