Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: underrated posts

OK, sorry, I misunderstood. You were facilitating a discussion about my susceptibility to the aesthetics of white Identitarianism. Huge difference.

luke must have done something horrific to craner. put his balls on his copy of juice box or something.

craner feels about luke the way my mum feels about my dad. encumbered with bitterness and begrudging decades-old wrongs that were never righted.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    OK, sorry, I misunderstood. You were facilitating a discussion about my susceptibility to the aesthetics of white Identitarianism. Huge difference.
    Help us dissect it. Put your shoulder to the wheel. You're interested in clothes and how different generations and groups express their values and aspirations through clothes. It's tailor made for you that thread. Stop being silly and join the fun.

two men both desperate for an apology from one another, but both with such diverging perspectives as to make that untenable.

if only craner could say "i'm sorry i've been so off with you. i'm sorry i've found your affection so distressing. i'm sorry i'm so cold and so distant. i'm sorry i've felt wrongfully victimised by your playfulness".

if only luke could say "i'm sorry i've tormented your every waking moment. i'm sorry i've harassed and harangued you. i'm sorry i've lied about you. i'm sorry i've baited you and provoked you. i'm sorry i've made your life a living hell."

but the problem is these two perspectives are mutually exclusive. they both feel like the victim. they both feel the other has been callous. they both feel the onus is on the other to amend for their wrongdoing, to extend the olive branch.

and thus they remain in this limbo. a hateful affection. a rageful love.

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    craner feels about luke the way my mum feels about my dad. encumbered with bitterness and begrudging decades-old wrongs that were never righted.
    Not at all, I have respect and affection for him, apart from the periodic moments when he decides to slime me in a malicious, insidious and public manner. I've also known him for 16 years, so I know that when he puts one thing ("90% of his Twitter is Quillette") next to another ("white identity") he is insinuating a link for effect and a laugh, but with no understanding of the point where banter becomes something worse and he's publicly identifying me with Tommy Robinson or something without any context and in a way that people would take at face value.

But, you know, whatever. I'm paranoid, touchy, etc.

And the irony is that the one and only Quillette essay I linked to was about the ITN-Living Marxism libel case, an essay that unambiguously condemned '90s Serb nationalism (a flagrant case of murderous white identity politics) and its LM propagandists (the core group that went on to launch Spiked, which I had also compared Quillette to earlier).

i think you two downplay how much corrosion there's been between you and how genuinely sad that is. you should be far better friends than you are. you should be a lot closer than you are. your affection for each other is far greater than your interactions with each other.

It was a good fucking essay as well.

And my boiler is broken so I'm in a bad mood anyway.