Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Radicalisation of Danny L.

Me being overtly flirtatious with your mum.

“Oh That scarf really brings out your eyes Mrs Davis”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    What suf could do is change the thread’s title to ‘the nato left’.

It’s a strand of leftism that has to its name titans such as nick cohen, Christopher Hitchens and Oliver Craner.

I’m sympathetic to it. Danny maybe to some degree. Traces of it in mr tea.
    For Craner it was Rwanada. You can't not take it seriously.

luka's spoiling for a fight. Tea hasn't risen to the bait to the extent he'd like, so he's turned his attention to Danny.

It's the reverse of the Iraq effect. Instead of being politicised by a nakedly cynical self serving intervention you get politicised by the failure to intervene. It's a perfectly respectable position

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    luka's spoiling for a fight. Tea hasn't risen to the bait to the extent he'd like, so he's turned his attention to Danny.
    You misunderstand me. I'm actually not like that. It's just mischief.

Danny is a trained therapist and he knows it's always useful to say what's in the room. Never let anything go unsaid. Don't be scared of it. If it's there it's better to get it out. There might be an explosion. There often is. But that's nothing to be afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    It's the reverse of the Iraq effect. Instead of being politicised by a nakedly cynical self serving intervention you get politicised by the failure to intervene. It's a perfectly respectable position
    Probably the other thing worth mentioning in getting your head round this is where you position yourself re. intervention.
    "Hard headed realist" vs "warmongering imperialist" are two descriptions of the position.

Yeah I mean this is all stuff Craner forced me to think about almost 20 years ago. I'm aware of the complexities. Obviously I worry about where it can lead and the sort of company you can end up keeping.

If I was at all politically engaged it would be so easy to radicalise me. I'm the most gullible person in the world. That's part of the reason I don't engage with politics - because I know that the first ideology to get hold of me will convert me overnight and then somebody will point out all the flaws in my new position and my ego will never recover.

I was totally convinced the first time I watched Loose Change, for example.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.