Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: What Does Spiritual Mean?

Quite a few of my ASD friends are well into hallucinogens, so they don't seem to find them uncongenial at least.

I've tripped with ASD people (I'm assuming that's autistic spectrum something?) and they like it but I haven't noticed any commonalities in the way they react to it. Just as unpredictable as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by shiels View Post
    But iíd like to see psychedelic tropes: beautiful patterns, dissolving boundaries, strange and sacred geometry, amorphous states but executed in future focused art that leans toward being potentially odd or uncomfortable rather than familiar. The experience can be terrifying and some of the most interesting visions and insights are dark and unsettling, this isnít always reflected in how psychedelic art looks and feels. There was a thread on this too.
    Did you ever see Google's DeepDream program?

DeepDream is a computer vision program created by Google engineer Alexander Mordvintsev which uses a convolutional neural network to find and enhance patterns in images via algorithmic pareidolia, thus creating a dream-like hallucinogenic appearance in the deliberately over-processed images.
    deep-dream-740x3701.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    That's the problem with Pynchon sometimes. You don't get the feeling there's a vision preceding and informing and underlying the smart Alec extended metaphors. There's no substance.
    I find it varies. Sometimes I think something of his is brilliant, sometimes I wonder how stoned he was when he wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by shiels View Post
    Loads of ambition, no vision? Haven't read him. If you tell me I can swerve completely i'll just take your word for it
    I like all his stuff, but if you only read one then Gravity's Rainbow's the one to read.