IdleRich

IdleRich
I had this weird thing when Johnson was in hospital and part of me didn't want him to die. I repent of that utterly now, I really hope that he loses this vote and then has some kind of fit and soils himself and crawls broken across the floor of the house leaving a trail of slime, finally grabbing hold of the lectern and managing to whisper an apology to the nation before dying in his own faeces... or else something more humiliating and painful.

version

I was thinking about this earlier too. I thought it would be bad for the nation to lose the leader, even if he was shit, but now I think we'd probably have been better off if we had.

john eden

male pale and stale
If he had died then the Nation’s heart would have swelled with sympathy and he would have been portrayed as a national hero who took one for the team. His successor would have been able to get away with even more horrors in his name.

luka

Be Proud to be English the Greatest Nation in the World 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

IdleRich

IdleRich
I meant that with the number of people in the Tory party moaning, resigning and so on, I thought the majority would be reduced by more than 3.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I meant that with the number of people in the Tory party moaning, resigning and so on, I thought the majority would be reduced by more than 3.
Some lunatics in other parties voted for it? I haven't looked into the figures.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Now you have Biden and Pelosi saying that if the GFA damage then no deal will be possible with the US. Tories are saying Biden doesn't understand the situation but Blair and others who were involved in negotiating it and drawing it up seem to disagree...

IdleRich

IdleRich
As far as I can see though the main if the Lib Dems these days is to split the mildly left vote and ensure an infinite reign for the very party they claim to oppose utterly (apart from that time when they stopped claiming to oppose them and openly formed a coalition with them and something something tuition feed until they were no longer necessary and dropped out to leave them to rule alone).
I've always thought it was a good thing to have a variety of parties and thus (very very slightly) more diversity of opinion and so on. These days however I see nothing of value that they add to UK politics and their only achievements since they formed seem to be as enablers for the very thing they claim stand against and popping up every now and again to lie about tuition fees.
Really, has there ever been such a disastrously ineffectual political party in history? I remember when they formed and now I'd be very happy to see them quietly put out of their misery and for everyone pretend that they had never happened.
Genuine question - why are they there?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Back to Brexit itself, the latest news today is that, because of Brexit and the ensuing failure of the UK to negotiate a deal, British banks are to notify their customers who live in the EU, that they will no longer be able to hold a UK bank account. It doesn't really make it clear what will happen to the money in the accounts, presumably it will be possible to remove it before hand, but I'm sure there will be loads of cock-ups and red tape and so on.
HSBC being an enormous bank with centres in Hong Kong and Shanghai (obviously) as well as in the UK, may be exempt from this as they also have subsidiaries in Europe but people such as (to name one person totally at random) me are gonna be a little bit fucked.