Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155
Results 2,311 to 2,317 of 2317

Thread: Wuhan Killer Sneeze (thanks Tea)

Obama boasted about implementing policy that accelerates a process which could result in the death of 90% of life on earth, and he was aware of the possible outcome when he did it.

Its amongst the worst crimes in history.

Obama, Nov. 27: I was extraordinarily proud of the Paris Accords because, look I know we’re in oil country and we need American energy. And by the way, American energy production, you wouldn’t always know it, but it went up every year I was president. And you know that whole suddenly America’s like the biggest oil producer … that was me, people.

he's just another spoke on the great corporate wheel. but hey, he was a smooth talker!
    cheep cheep

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    A lot of people are realising how intolerable their lives were and how unnecessary that was. Deaccelerationism aka putting the brakes on is the way of the future. Every year we will take two months off. The whole world doing fuck all.
    I read this earlier,

These elements were the heart, or at least the sinews, of the rise of automation and the development of computer technology, prompting hopes in some quarters for the fulfilment of Lord Keynes's speculations in 1930 "that the day might not be all that far off when everybody would be rich. We shall then," E. F. Schumacher, author of Small is Beautiful, found him saying, "once more value ends above means and prefer the good to the useful. . . . But beware! The time for all this is not yet. For at least another hundred years we must pretend to ourselves and to everyone that fair is foul and foul is fair; for foul is useful and fair is not. Avarice and usury and precaution must be our gods for a little longer still. For only they can lead us out of the tunnel of economic necessity into daylight. . . ."

A hundred years would take us to 2030. Perhaps he was right and we'll end up with something along the lines of UBI by then?

not sure "everyone is rich" automatically equals a utopia. everything is relative, might the current perception of "rich" be irrelevant in the future because the cost of living and leisure just escalates to maintain the divisions within society? the haves and the have mores? UBI is great if that income actually buys anything.

Where you getting the utopia bit from? And yeah, one of the worries with UBI seems to be that people might just jack up rents, prices etc by more or less however much everyone gets from the state and render it meaningless.

I'd have thought that everyone being rich means something different from being a millionaire, I'd agree that if everyone has more money it's devalued so presumably it means something more like everyone has a place to live, enough food and other resources etc actually more than enough if they are all rich. I feel that it almost implies that society has moved beyond money.

Yeah, I just read it as everyone being financially secure rather than anything to do with a utopia.