Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellsman

Me and three friends have cancelled a trip to Aosta valley in Northern Italy next week.
We are now aiming for Austria instead but this is starting to feel irresponsible at best, foolhardy at worst.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's weird... I really began to understand how serious this was when I heard that Italy was cancelling football matches. On that subject it does feel that the UK is (as always) just a little behind....

La Liga had announced that, in agreement with the health ministry, every first and second division game will be played behind closed doors for at least the next two match days.
This (vs Liverpool at Anfield tonight) will be the last game Atlético’s fans go to for a long time. It may well be the last game any fans go to, in fact. Valencia v Atalanta was played behind closed doors. Sevilla v Roma will be played without fans, as will Getafe v Internazionale and so, it was confirmed, will Barcelona against Napoli. La Liga’s announcement was soon followed by the Spanish Football Federation closing games in the third and fourth tiers. Postponements may well be next – a demand made by the players’ union. Schools, gyms and children’s football clubs have closed, too.
But in the UK it's pretty much business as usual in terms of football at least as far as I can tell.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also, we had a big clubnight booked for 24th April, we were planning to fly someone from the UK and so on. Now (nothing to do with the virus) the venue have realised it was double-booked and have fucked us off for that day... maybe that's a blessing in disguise, I dunno.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Some doctor is saying that the numbers in the UK are artificially low cos they're not testing enough people...

The reason we’ve got relatively low numbers in this country at the moment is because they’re only been testing about 1,500 a day. I think the infection has been widespread for a month now.
They may be upping the testing but they haven’t put Ischgl on a high risk list, despite knowing about this for days. It is a massive cluster. Six of us have been back in Chichester going about their daily life. I suspect we’ll find a big cluster in Chichester two weeks.
I feel he missed a word off the end of cluster there but you get the idea.

sufi

lala
Some doctor is saying that the numbers in the UK are artificially low cos they're not testing enough people...

I feel he missed a word off the end of cluster there but you get the idea.
yeah, i heard just now from a doctor (who read it on doctors.net) that UK just got capacity to test 10,000 per day, previously it was 1,000/day
so the numbers are way artificially low
like i was saying last week i reckon i know a few people now who have got or had it already, undiagnosed, naturally
now wash your hands

IdleRich

IdleRich
i bumped into an old friend who works for a bank, she said they were already being sent home last week, they are taking it very seriously as they have their own sources of info (which they are not sharing)
Well, knowledge is power of course... unless keeping it secret will lead to more people being infected and increase your own risk, one would have thought.

Last edited:

Leo

a number of universities have canceled the remainder of the semester and holding classes online. College basketball playoffs (NCAA "March Madness", which is a huge sports tournament here) will be played in empty arenas. Manhattan streets notably quieter, fewer cars/delivery trucks, tourist wandering. apparently rush hour traffic is 20% better than normal.

and despite all the news reports and health warnings, I saw a guy picking the hell out of his nose on the subway today.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Big news... Tom Hanks (and wife) have the virus.
Also US has banned travel from EU, which, thanks to Brexit doesn't include the UK - hurrah. Seems a strange choice though as UK has high level of infection and seemingly the worst planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.