Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Off Stops

Quote Originally Posted by Simon silverdollarcircle View Post
    T
    Mine would be the the whole minimal house thing in the early 2000s. I still think that the early stuff that Villalobos, perlon, kompakt, cadenza etc did is great. But the scene evolved to become ever drier and more up itself.
    The early stuff still stands up - thirdform posed the andy weatherall mixes recently and they're great. still enough of the spirit of basic channel

2. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    Dissensus by and large hopped off London music when it stopped being dance music I’d say.
    Not me. i mostly hopped off london when UK funky came around tbh. i didn't hate it, I'm sure if you look on the internet hard enough you can find me getting down to migraine skank with Naomi from Tottenham, but it just sounded like dance music. nothing special. and then when a few years later i started reading the writing around it my opinion was cemented. people would talk about jungle and grimes modernist abstraction, but when it come round to funky everyone wanted to show off how multicultural they were and how they'd done their homework re the black atlantic. Well that Gilroy book is a seminal classic, no doubt about that, but do I really want the monocultural white anglosaxon protestant middle class intelligentsia expounding at length about it?
    Last edited by thirdform; 10-03-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    everyone on here, surely
    we don't count. I'm talking about people born after 1996. Remembers might be the wrong word. Knows of is a better heuristic. we all like grime when it was at its least populist. which is why i find it odd that people try to defend the populist at all costs here sometimes.
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    The early stuff still stands up - thirdform posed the andy weatherall mixes recently and they're great. still enough of the spirit of basic channel
    yeah I'd say around 98-2003-04. most stuff after that is just dullard sidechained ableton white noise tedium with wooshes.

although remember indie house? that was all the rage on the internet around 07-09. superpitcher and that.
    I respect islamists