Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music Similar To 808 State's 'NewBuild' Album

this is the other house/techno thing i like.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    third brought new build to my attention because of the rhythms, they're great.

i find the 4x4 kicks a real cock softener in house and techno unless it's some bouncy strictly rhythm thing. it completely cognitively teathers it; i can't have sonic psychedelia without rhythmic psychedelia, it's a prerequisite for me.
    Patty was saying earlier today that it's cos your ear isn't subtle and sophisticated enough. He said you need to listen more deeply to placement and dynamics and sound design.

Forgotten what thread it was ill try and find it and quote him

"What does Barty know? He doesn't get rhythm. He's not sensual. When it comes to the art of house drum programming, you can't beat the US. It's the hi hats and the snares. Placement. Timing. Dynamics. Sound design. So much finesse. Different level of sophistication. Tell him from me he don't know fuck all about beats."

Pattycakes

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    "What does Barty know? He doesn't get rhythm. He's not sensual. When it comes to the art of house drum programming, you can't beat the US. It's the hi hats and the snares. Placement. Timing. Dynamics. Sound design. So much finesse. Different level of sophistication. Tell him from me he don't know fuck all about beats."

Pattycakes
    bastard

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post: