Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The aesthetics of ideology

“The report also claims that in June 2016, Yiannopoulos's email password began "LongKnives1290" - a twin anti-Semitic reference to the Night of the Long Knives, a Nazi internal purge, and the year that the Jews were expelled from England.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews...r-519413%3famp

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    “The report also claims that in June 2016, Yiannopoulos's email password began "LongKnives1290" - a twin anti-Semitic reference to the Night of the Long Knives, a Nazi internal purge, and the year that the Jews were expelled from England.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews...r-519413%3famp
    Isn't he Jewish, or at least has some Jewish ancestry?

A real case study in self-loathing, that lad.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

Openly gay but hates the gay rights movement. Has a thing for black men - actually had a black long-term partner at one point, I think - while being openly racist.

Very weird, messed-up guy.
    i hate sigs

He was at school with someone here. They saw him get put head first in a rubbish bin.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    He was at school with someone here. They saw him get put head first in a rubbish bin.
    Yeah, I remember. Now who was that?
    i hate sigs

Crackerjack or Slothrop? I get those two mixed up. Peas in a pod.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Crackerjack or Slothrop? I get those two mixed up. Peas in a pod.
    Crackerjack is definitely too old. Slothrop I think might be too old, too. Milo was born in 1984, so it would be one of the (relatively speaking) young 'uns here.
    i hate sigs

From an interview with a neo Nazi.

One of the things that I most like about the neo-reactionaries is that they’ve learned a lesson that I learned years ago. For years, the most influential book on me was Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead, the most influential piece of fiction, but that changed, and eventually I realized that the piece of fiction that’s had the most influence on my thinking is Frank Herbert’s Dune.

The thing that fascinates me with Dune is its combination of futurism with archaic values and social forms which is basically what Guillaume Faye talks about in his book Archeofuturism as the way forward. We need to reinfuse modernity with certain things that are treated as archaic, and that means identity politics, an aristocratic ethos, a warrior ethos, and things that have been bred out of us by consumerism and bourgeois modernity.

So, Herbert basically applied himself to this question: what social form is consistent with mankind ascending to the stars and colonizing the galaxy? And it was very obvious to him that that was not consistent with democratic politics which has a very low time horizon. It requires grand politics, grand visions, a grand strategy stretching forward over generations, and we had that briefly under the pressure of the Cold War and because Kennedy was a visionary, but politics as usual took over. Space exploration has faltered, “because democracy.”

What you would need to reignite that is some kind of society like we had pre-modernity where we had aristocracies that thought in dynastic terms, where you had orders like the Catholic Church that thought in very long terms over time and perpetuated themselves over time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: