Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: AIDS: conspiracy or reality?

and that's my contribution to trying to capture the strangeness of the 2010s

possibly the last decade that will be recognized as a "decade" rather than a collection of moments without beginning or end

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    I can't imagine being so blasť about HIV as to think "Oh you can get a pill for that now so who cares?"
    it's not blasť, it's risk/reward

PrEP taken daily reduces the risk of contracting HIV by about 99%, in addition to (I'd assume) the lessening of risk via lowered HIV rates in at-risk populations

meanwhile no one actively likes condoms, and many people fucking hate them

it's true that using both PrEP and condoms is the safest, but people don't always make the safest choices in life [shrug]

also, I know you're not doing this, but I think there's an element for some people of rebelling against the policing of queer bodies and queer sexuality

a similar thing happened in the 80s with the bitter dispute within the gay community over closing the bathhouses etc

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post

why in the name of all the gods were we ever arguing with Zhao and some Eurotroll about protease inhibitors and statistical methodology?

why were ever arguing with anyone about anything? I couldn't begin to tell you
    I was just commenting because I was desperately in love with nomad, and wanted to seem like I could possibly ever keep up with them, which was futile.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mistersloane For This Useful Post: