minimal d'n'b

FairiesWearBoots

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:D

See you that and raise you this

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTTQF7EanUs[/URL

Technology Boymerang mix - so pleased I have this on 12" and didnt get rid of it

bennythehands

homme vert
really happy to have got so much info from this thread!

i doubt whether it's the done thing on here to ask for tune id's but there's one on the loxy podcast which i love. the vocal says 'i feel it, don't you' . . . anyone know what it is?

cheers

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Minimal genius.

tyranny

Minimal genius.

:eek:

Way to lower the tone completely

:D

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Stray - "Timbre" out on 12" this week...

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Consequence LP is out and firin.

I have the CD but glad to see the return of 5 piece vinyl LPs to drum and bass - who remembers the excessive renegarde hardware albums of a decade ago?

Last edited:

Alfons

Way of the future
Consequence LP is out and firin.

I have the CD but glad to see the return of 5 piece vinyl LPs to drum and bass - who remembers the excessive renegarde hardware albums of a decade ago?

think the biggest one Ive got is the Planet V one, 8x12" madness.... it's not like 2 songs per side is totally unplayable for dj's

UFO over easy

online mahjong
deadly chambers of sound was 8 as well, treasured possessions

think the biggest artist album ive got is that six piece krust one. very satisfying object

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This might be out of place but I've been listening to Commix's fabriclive and there's some great tunes on there

Not very groundbreaking but very nice liquid roller.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Time to revive this thread, perhaps an influx of all things Autonomic over the last few months has excited things a bit?

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Not mention Data's forthcoming album.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
the first release on ASC's label is sick - next 1 is also big......

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/340866-asc-the-touch

Mmm. When I first heard ASC was doing a label I thought it a bit redundant - what with Autonomic, Exit, Non-Plus and to a lesser extent Naked Lunch & Darkestral all floating around in roughly the same sphere. That said however I think he's got his own distinct sound, hopefully he can mold it into to something unique.

geiom

ASC/Rockwell

Mmm. When I first heard ASC was doing a label I thought it a bit redundant - what with Autonomic, Exit, Non-Plus and to a lesser extent Naked Lunch & Darkestral all floating around in roughly the same sphere. That said however I think he's got his own distinct sound, hopefully he can mold it into to something unique.

true that these labels are compatible, but that's how 'scenes' come together/one or two labels can't put out enough stuff for that to happen....

noticed some people talking about Rockwell in this thread, i used one of his tunes on this mix -

http://www.bedtimebunnage.com/2010/08/part-viii-mixed-by-geiom-compulsive-lyre-mix/

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Yes Rockwell has been making some very very cool tracks.

Most recently this interesting little bit:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

More of a DJ tool than anything I suppose but still interesting none the less. I wonder how it'd go down on a dance floor.

Alfons

Way of the future

mpfree ep from icelandic producer Muted, quite like the title track (full disclosure muted is a mate of mine ;) )

ether

yeah I have kind of conflicting opinions of dnb, I use to buy/listen to a lot of it until about 2006 then It bored the shit out of me and I literally couldn't leave a record shop with anything I was prepared to part money for. d-Bridges true romance kind of book-ended the genre for me.

That said I been loving the autonomic stuff. the last podcast was especially good.
It's even got me dabbling with production at those tempos again. Is their anyone else in a similar vain who's working at halftime tempo I should be looking out for?

I find rockwells stuff a bit IDMy to many glitches not enough space. Enjoyed the commix RA mix. Stuff by break and commix is the only dnb I've really appreciated since about 06.

ether

this was one of the first halftime tracks that I remember coming around. apart from digitals stuff (probably one of dnb's most underrated producers) Metalheadz had bit of of renaissance around this time.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Amit definitely did something special with the half-time stuff. I remember seeing him during the 07/08 new years period doing an ableton set that blew me away. He's been pretty quite of late sadly.

As for other producers in a similar vein... nobody's quite like Amit, but Spectrasoul did a few rather large releases in the past 18 months or so, as did Insta:Mental, Survival, Alix Perez, Sabre, Consequence, Code 3.
I don't buy dnb records either anymore unfortunately, so I'm not super up with the play.
My latest gut feeling suggests it's all about guys like pearson sound crossing over at the moment. Not strictly "minimal" either but Ulterior Motive are destroying things presently.

Anyway obligatory jewtube:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Leo

That said I been loving the autonomic stuff. the last podcast was especially good.

i just downloaded the last podcast (layer 11), and the last half hour has all kinds of other stuff, like beach house and the strokes! do they always mix it up like that?