Modafinil/Smart Drugs

william_kent

it's got the narrative arc of a south korean revenge film or something. just really gripping.

I love the "trainwrecks and trip disasters" section of erowid

makes me feel normal, like maybe I'm sane

typical account:

"i was on my way to school when i spotted some angels trumpets"

"smoked some imaginary cigs"

[ cotton wool mouth ]

"had a conversation with someone who wasn't there"

[ difficulty peeing ]

"...."

"blank"

"..."

"blood"

"...."

"woke up in hospital"

" my parents now owe $80,000 dollars in hospital fees"

sus

people are gonna miss the erowid link, and it's a shame because it's so good

it's entitled "Ruined My Life"

the guy goes on a two year long modafinil bender so intense that he has basically no memory of any of it, ending only when his wife divorces him

he's taking 350 mg—about 4x the dose you'd take for a 16 hour work bender, but sometimes people only take 50mg, so you're talking 7x a normal dose—every day for two years

plus 800mg piracetam for good measure (also rather heroic)
This and your earlier description actually make me think that benzos are a comparable drug. (Despite being on opposite ends of the obvious scales)

This sort of subtle altered sobriety, with major numbing and memory problems

william_kent

I got really fucked up taking a gram of DXM my mate bought online and distinctly remember lying in the street thinking I was going to end up one of those teenage drug death horror stories in the local paper.

The experience is over. My stomach and pupils are normal again and I feel as normal as one could after this kind of night. The effect lasted 23 hours. I recommend bromo-dragonfly to NOBODY! The price of quite a boring trip was terrible intoxication. Physical symptoms were big: nausea, loss of appetite, jaw clenching and teeth grinding, pupils size of a plate, fluids going out from my body in to the bowl --> massive diarrhea and loss of fluids. I didn't dare to drink almost anything. Just few little sips of mineral water during the night. Still I was excreting several liters of fluids trough the night so my bowels would have emptied long a go... It was water leaking from my body to my bowels!

william_kent

Glad I never got into 'research chemicals'. Remember reading a different story about Bromo-Dragonfly where the guy almost died and ended up with a list of nasty injuries.

oh, i'm sure i quoted the story on here where about five people died...

oh look..

Brian began having a difficult trip at two hours after ingestion. At three and a half hours after ingestion he began having what appeared to be seizures but could have been strokes or a heart attack, or a combination of those. 911 was called and CPR was performed. He died approximately four hours after ingestion.

ghost

This and your earlier description actually make me think that benzos are a comparable drug. (Despite being on opposite ends of the obvious scales)

This sort of subtle altered sobriety, with major numbing and memory problems
You actually might be right, get a load of this:

I looked up people describing "taking stims and benzos together", their descriptions sound a little like modafinil.

Attachments

• cbScreenshot 2023-09-08 at 19.41.54@2x.png
    cbScreenshot 2023-09-08 at 19.41.54@2x.png
    450.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: sus

mixed_biscuits

Good spot. The one serious drawback of dual n back is that it degrades creativity - there's at least 1 paper showing it. In the same vein, I think the stereotypical thinking styles of people in different Majors may partly be a product of the kind of thinking they repeatedly have to do.