Hip Hop '11

CrowleyHead

It would be all the more frustrating if she wasn't the only actually talented member of White Girl Mob.

I know I'm going to be alone here, but she's a pretty good freestyler, and when she goes into the old-school Juvenile flow in her little dorky yelp, I'm like "AWWWWW!" It's a combination of admiration and patronizing.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Just checked in here and the order of the day is V-Nasty and Riff Raff? Just to get this straight, when we're talking about Riff Raff we're talking about that should've-been-aborted clown that was on From G's To Gents right? We're talking about this guy right? Just checking, dissensus.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
No idea, what's "From G's To Gents"? I still haven't listened to the compilation, because I downloaded it at work and it was a .rar and I didn't have anything suitable installed to deal with said format and I lost interest. Is he shit then?

I almost didn't bother with this 50 Cent compilation because he was so shit on that Gucci track on Writings on The Wall 2, but it's actually got some good stuff on it.

gumdrops

can you good ppl recommend me some good new/recent mixtapes?

watch the throne is a proper 'event' album though event albums are often just a bit shit. i liked HAM and otis but some of the other beats ive heard are weak. will see what the albums like though. kanye already did dubstep on his last album btw (ie all of the lights). edit - i just listened to WTT - it has a few good beats but mostly its pretty soft til the hiddden/extra tracks which is a bit dissapointing.

i dont mind screaming/hysterical rapping over insanely loud and noisy beats. eg - dmx, mop, bonecrusher/lil jon etc.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
http://rapsandhustles.com/2011/08/11/ghostface-killah-watch-the-throne-album-review/

''Lift Off (ft. Beyonce) – I almost aint wanna even comment on this shit son…. I dont even kno what to say bout it yo. This shit sounds like the anthem the fairies in Ferngully would use to go to war against evil humans to or some shit b. This shit is like Shia LeBeouf in song form yo. Lissenin to this shit is like havin ya ears penetrated by a million microscopic dicks namsayin. Shit sounds like niggas doin aerobics on a magical cloud of daisies. How many meadows did Kanye cartwheel across before he decided to make this beat? Seriously yo…. Jus how many lily pads did the nigga skip across the pond on before he got inspired to make some shit like this?''

gumdrops

that game song is good. glad premier is still doing some stuff outside of his comfort zone (well with rappers outside his comfort zone, not like the beat is anything new for him). i cant tell if that guy talking about kanye thinks getting inspired by lily pads is a good thing or not. best songs on WTT - otis, ham, primetime, niggas in paris, welcome to the jungle. actually thats quite a few isnt it.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I enjoy it on a very immature level.

''Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...Pt III

1. Legend of the Iron Lobster (feat. Popa Wu)
2. The Egyptian Rigatoni Files (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks)
3. Electric Sun Tans (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks)
4. Thor Molecules [Tony Starks Interlude]
5. Leather Umbrella Episodes (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Blue Raspberry)
6. Bulletproof Midgets (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Method Man aka Johnny Blaze)
7. Confidential Watermelonz [skit]
8. Divine Ovary Smugglers (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks, U-God aka Golden Arms, RZA aka Bobby Steels, GZA aka Maximillion & Masta Killa aka Noodles)
9. Tandoori Foreplay (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Nas aka Nas Escobar)
10. Lava Jacuzzi *****z (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Justin Bieber aka Swollen Knuckles)
11. Magnetic Tuxedos [skit]
12. Pelligrino Viking Essays (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Inspectah Deck aka Rollie Fingers)
13. Barbwire Sunglasses (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Beanie Sigel aka Mack Mittens)
14. Fishnet Polo Mamis (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Cappadonna aka Cappachino)
15. Titanium Beard Syndrome (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks, & Rick Ross aka Albert Anastasia)
16. Velvet Laptops (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Lloyd Banks aka Blue Hefner)
17. The Rootbeer Aquarium [Tony Starks solo joint]
18. Executive Barbell Syndromes (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Jadakiss aka Montega Jada)
19. Bunk Bed Politics (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Mary J. Blige)
20. Saltwater Infants [outro] (feat. Papa Wu)

21. Lesbian Acrobat Therapy (feat. Ghostface aka Tony Starks & Game aka Butterfly Cheeks) [Bonus Track]''

The parody titles in this are great.

http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/

The Game track IS great but he sounds like Nas on it. I don't suppose that's a bad thing, though.

gumdrops

will always love the wu and raekwon but do feel hes sort of just repeating himself at this point. i can barely tell his verses apart now. though saying that i do kind of respect that in spite of that he is still writing stuff that eludes me. new wu tang album is actually enjoyable imo. mainly produced by fizzy womack so its just hardcore wu-tang. its got a pretty normal sound for them but thats prob whats needed after 8 diagrams and if im honest, album wise, they havent really had a proper totally wu sounding album in years anyway.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
http://rapsandhustles.com/2011/08/11/ghostface-killah-watch-the-throne-album-review/

''Lift Off (ft. Beyonce) – I almost aint wanna even comment on this shit son…. I dont even kno what to say bout it yo. This shit sounds like the anthem the fairies in Ferngully would use to go to war against evil humans to or some shit b. This shit is like Shia LeBeouf in song form yo. Lissenin to this shit is like havin ya ears penetrated by a million microscopic dicks namsayin. Shit sounds like niggas doin aerobics on a magical cloud of daisies. How many meadows did Kanye cartwheel across before he decided to make this beat? Seriously yo…. Jus how many lily pads did the nigga skip across the pond on before he got inspired to make some shit like this?''

"This shit sounds like two niggas hang glidin over the ocean together at sunset holdin hands son." is the highlight imo.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
xxx600.jpg

http://foolsgoldrecs.com/xxx/

new Danny Brown album, for free.

Haven't listened to it yet, hope it isn't too hipsterish on the production side.

Been listening to some of ''The Hybrid'' - some of the lyrics on it are so... gritty? REAL?

''My old auntie, kinda like an alcoholic / drinkin' since a teen, shitting blood in the toilet''

:confused:

the whole of that second verse in ''Drinks on Me'' completely bypassed me (about the blight of alcohol on the streets). The first verse even is completely different to what you'd usually hear from a rapper. Seducing a drunk girl but talking about how ''daddy wasn't around'' and that's why it's eas(ier) for him. It sounds like a straightforward party n drink tune if you don't listen to what he's saying.

I feel like Danny could make a classic he just needs the right beats. ''ReUp'' and ''Drinks On Me'' stuck out a mile for me on ''The Hybrid'' (and ''The Hybrid'' and ''The Rain'' on the cutting room floor comp). He's got an individual style/delivery (he can push it too far for my tastes sometimes), vivid imagery, something to say...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
just listened to the first two tracks and had to turn it off. could someone please go through it all and tell me which tracks on it feature Danny NOT doing the comedy voice at the top of his voice?

;)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Anyone know a good place to buy current rap singles on wav or 320 kbps? What I need is the equivalent of a Boomkat for rap. Does this even exist?

CrowleyHead

Corpsey, you need to give XXX another shot.

This album is fucked. FUCKED. I can't describe it well but there's something incredible about how WRONG it is. I'll use actual words later.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah, my kneejerk reaction was wrong. (Weird.)

Favourite tracks so far: Detroit 187, Lie4 (''I got that income tax swag!''), Pop Song, Party All The Time, DNA... actually the highlights are stacking up.

Has anyone got the production credits? I know ''Pop Song'', ''Party All The Time'' and ''Pac Blood'' are all produced by Brandun Deshay (who made ''Stapleton'' by Earl).

this one sounds very Main Attrak/Squadda-B-ish.

Seems like a fucking good album, actually, especially for free.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
''Life4'' sounds almost dubsteppy, makes me want to hear Danny over this

or somethin'

''Bruiser Brigade'' also displays Danny's grime influence (his love of Dizzee etc.)...

''UK niggas up in the pubs, they watchin them soccer games / we drunk as fuck, nigga! we bumping waka flame (BAOW BAOW BAOW!)''

DannyL

Wild Horses
Yeah, my kneejerk reaction was wrong. (Weird.)

Favourite tracks so far: Detroit 187, Lie4 (''I got that income tax swag!''), Pop Song, Party All The Time, DNA... actually the highlights are stacking up.

Has anyone got the production credits? I know ''Pop Song'', ''Party All The Time'' and ''Pac Blood'' are all produced by Brandun Deshay (who made ''Stapleton'' by Earl).

this one sounds very Main Attrak/Squadda-B-ish.

Seems like a fucking good album, actually, especially for free.

He's on one of their other tracks (can't recall which one off the top of my head) so I'd guess this is them. Looking forward to listening but damn, stuff comes out at such a rate of knots it's hard to keep up.

outraygeous

I swear I nearly punched someone when Monopoly came on.

Anyway, very good album but not as many quotable s so far as the hybrid