What Do You Want From A Newspaper?

luka

I read something Pearsell wrote about the American press being a load of shit becasue there's no breasts in their newspapers. What do you want form your paper? (not what do you get, what would you want in an ideal world)

Rambler

Awanturnik
luka said:
what would you want in an ideal world

Free money :)

Replace all business pages, classifieds, personals and other pages of lists that no one reads* with short stories, essays, poems and longer review articles.

*Keep football conference results, of course ;)

jenks

thread death
no horoscopes, no life styles, no celeb interviews, no cars, no what's in what's out lists, more sport - esp lower division footie (southend top of the league for those of you who may not have found this in your papers this morning). no more aaronovitch, more odone, proper book reviews - i like the FT magazine and most of its news coverage but couldn't read it every day, i have been a life long guardian reader but hate the saturday mag - what me and my girlfriend argue about blah. years ago there used to be a paper called the correspondent - i remember it with great affection and i read more of it than most papers i have bought since.
i always think it is great the way italy and other european countries can maintain a daily paper devoted solely to sport - a serious gap in the current climate.