Compilation CD: Pirate Soundz Vol. 2 (grime classics)

connect_icut

Pirate Soundz Vol. 2 is the latest mix CD to appear on my blog. Doubtless, the majority of you already have most of the grime classics featured on this compilation but I thought you might enjoy debating the merits of my tracklisting. (Go easy on me, though - this is very much a case of an outsider trying his best to create a "gateway" for other outsiders.)

http://bubblegumcage3.com/2011/04/19/mix-cd-pirate-soundz-vol-2/

1. Lykez – “Don’t Give a Fuck”

2. Roll Deep – “When I’m ‘Ere”

3. Ruff Sqwad – “Lethal Injection”

4. Trim – “Money Up Front”

5. Jammer – “Destruction VIP”

6. Wiley – “Pies”

7. Wiley – “Where You Gonna Run To?”

8. Terror Danjah – “Reloadz”

9. Terror Danjah – “Cock Back V1.2″

10. Kano – “Boys Love Girls”

11. Lethal Bizzle – “Pow”

12. Durrty Goodz – “Axiom”

13. Dizzee Rascal – “I Luv You”

14. Crazy Titch – “Sing Along”

15. Low Deep – “Str8 Flush”

16. Tinchy Stryder – “Move”

17. Slew Dem – “16 Bar”

18. Trim – “The Lowdown”

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Looks like a good introduction. Could have maybe put some of the early tunes on like 'Eskimo' or 'Oi' but that's just nitpicking really. Big up for putting 'The Lowdown' on there :)

connect_icut

Looks like a good introduction. Could have maybe put some of the early tunes on like 'Eskimo' or 'Oi' but that's just nitpicking really.

Cheers. I thought someone might call me on the lack of early stuff. Must admit that - as with hip-hop - my interest only really kicks in when things get just a little bit more sophisticated. The really early stuff is interesting because you can hear a new style developing almost from nothing but I don't really enjoy it that much on a purely musical level.

Big up for putting 'The Lowdown' on there :)

Big Trim fan. What's he up to at the moment?