Classic House

franz, a few names you mentioned

I was never a massive Prescription fan although they were always a popular label (and fwiw their back catalogue has always been sought-after).

I think the only Glenn Underground record I have is the I Feel Love / The Chase, er, mashup (sorry).

I own a few bits on Guidance, mostly Deep Sensation stuff which is more disco influenced and may not be your cup of tea. Soul Heaven etc.

So much Nick Holder / DNH stuff out there, nothing stands out in my mind except Erotic Illusions (which a quick youtube search would seem to indicate crossed over to the Funky crowd).

You might also like this

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
never been much into Prescription, Kerri Chandler etc style (find it incredibly boring), but a few personal faves in the "classic house" vein

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZJyASCDFqFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Engineer: GOD
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/98A4D1bEA9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if someone asked me to encapsulate the pure joy of house music in one record this would be it
<iframe with="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hamT4XESYG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

franz

Kerri Chandler's 'peers' pick their favourite Kerri tracks

http://www.kerrichandler.com/yourfavouritetracks

Loads of old head in there

hey thanks much for that.

thanks everyone for humouring me. judging by what is getting unearthed, it almost seems like what i'm describing couldn't be termed "classic"... more like 'middle-period' or something. for me, here and elsewhere, i am pretty interested in some kind of unholy alliance between swing and minimalism... hard to be clear about it, but some of my favourite KC tracks are simple but definitely deceptively so... tracks that seem to lurch in such a way that you are kind of held in this perpetual state of anticipation? dunno if that makes any sense. i'm definitely not into some of the noodle-y soloing that you'll get on a lot of deep house records.
production is also huge for me... a lot of the synth lines on the prescription records are a bit thin for my tastes.

anyhow, i am sticking to my guns about Dana Kelley, been going through his Krimp releases... definitely one of my more happy discoveries recently.
the This is Krimp ep is maybe my favourite, but no youtube action for those tracks, as far as i can tell...

bruno

est malade
my pleasure. this thread needs woebot, unfortunately he's into 70s major label stuff now (wink).

franz, this is on guidance and rather atypical:

edit: contains noodle-y soloing - sorry.

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
love Nu Groove, could lay down a months wages EASY... have just started getting into the 'code 6' releases and similar styles. There are so many BANGERS on that label it is actually astounding..

think rush hour has licensed some of the original cut's aswell, well I recognised a few on traxsource last night

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
franz, thanks for the dana kelley and his aliases recc. really hits the spot

not a vinyl guy myself but slsk has plenty in stock

Last edited by a moderator:

franz

i found the Chez-N Trent track i'll stand by. as it turns, out it's the first 12 on presciption. not sure how i missed it.

Roshman

Probably one of the best vocal house tunes.

South Street Players - (who) keeps changing your mind.

Thank you to everyone posting in this thread, I usually click play and go straight to discogs to find out how much the track is, and then quickly hit pause and move onto the next one as soon as I see the price.

Pattycakes post on page 2 was the most expensive with the first 3 classic house tunes coming to a minimum of £65.

Have purchased the one above and after clicking related videos on youtube for some of the other posts also got this:

Will get the "I Get Deep" by Dj Le Roi on Digital before my next gig.

I know this is new, but it's got the feel i'm looking for in the old tunes. Copped immediately.